Thread: German Autofest in Sept 04

German Autofest in Sept 04

Hi all,

Does anyone know which weekend in Sept. the German Autofest will be held this year. I'm planning a vacation, and want to roll the Autofest weekend in to the mix.

Thanks for any help here. Maybe Bob Campbell is reading this.

Later

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Here's a link. Apparently this year's theme is the early 911.

http://www.german-autofest.com

Thank You. This group is awesome

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Unless I read it wrong, this year's theme is Boxsters, Boxsters and more Boxsters. A tragic waste of everyone's time.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Oops.
    I did read it wrong.
    "Featured Porsche to be announced."
    Sorry.

(What did everyone do last year with all those Boxsters taking up space from early 911s? "Look Martha! A silver Boxster with a red interior! And there, a silver Boxster with a red interior! And over there, why I think its a silver Boxster with a red interior!")
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I going to have to put on my own damned German Auto Fest but will have to include bikes as well to get any turn out.
    It sucks to be in the "black hole" of Porschedom.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

My understanding is that the featured car this year will be the early 911, so don't get too discouraged. All will be made right.

The Geraman Autofest is always a great event. I look forward to it every year, and given the fact that Dunkels may be over....for good, The Autofest may become the Swap Fest of the year, here on the west coast. We'll see.....

Later Fella's

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Originally posted by SandyI
    Oops.
    I did read it wrong.
    "Featured Porsche to be announced."
    Sorry.

(What did everyone do last year with all those Boxsters taking up space from early 911s? "Look Martha! A silver Boxster with a red interior! And there, a silver Boxster with a red interior! And over there, why I think its a silver Boxster with a red interior!")
    They just parked them in a row on the street behind the buildings. If you drove a Boxster in, you got free parking, i.e., no admission charge. I drove a Boxster in and parked in the swap area paying once at the fairground gate and again at the swap gate. There was no room robbed from the concours, the Early S and RGruppe area or any other area. They could have invited the Ferrari Club and had room, abiet, that would have filled the place up.

Although that's funny about the silver/red, silver/red, you ought to go back and look at the 'ducks in a row' pics again. To the lay person, that's exactly what they'd say, "All these cars are the same."

Which is why I parked away from it all.