Thread: FUN DRIVE: May 22nd Waves to Vines Drive

Lightbulb FUN DRIVE: May 22nd Waves to Vines Drive

Waves to Vines Fun Drive
    May 22, 2004 Saturday

Note: I am posting this for my brother, In the event it gets cancelled I will post a cancelled thread before next weekend.

This is a fun drive, Please observe all traffic laws.

Ok gentlemen here it is the drive of the spring/summer. This is not a car show this is a drive. You might even get a rock chip or two.
    This is a brown bag lunch and drive(not catered so do not expect much).
    This drive is open to all Porsches, Alfas, Minis and others. This is the plan and please let me know if this is good.

May 22nd Saturday

Meet at 7 am @ the Safeway on Red Hill shopping center in Fairfax. We need to get going by 7:30 am - 8:00 am at the latest for filipinos running on a different timezone (in San Anselmo where Sir Francis Drake blvd heads toward
    Fairfax)

Onward on Sir Francis Drake blvd west to Olema and north to Point Reyes
    (stop for coffee and to dry of our sweaty hands)

Drive thru Dillons Beach and accross to Marshall and we should end up at Bodega bay for a light snack (crab cakes or fish n chips)

This is where the fun really begins straight shot to Jenner via coastline
    (straight ya right!, but we can stop at Portugese beach for our lunch or stop at Jenner)

From Jenner we go inland and end up at Healdburg or slightly shorter we can end up in Sebastopol. (wipe of more sweat maybe ring out our tee shirts)

From Healdburg its Chalkhill rd. or hwy 12 from Sebastopol (easy cruise where we mine our manners)

Bennet valley road from Santa Rosa to Kenwood (gentleman this you do not want to miss)

From Kenwood we can head to Sonoma square which is near hwy 37 (we can all split up from there after a snack or beverage and quick inspection of wear on our tires)

Any suggestions are welcome as far as route. I have done all sections, but not all at once so I am putting together what I believe is a drive that will flow well with minor traffic and stops. The objective is to see great scenery, enjoy nice roads and meet new people.

I estimated it to be 150 miles or at least it better be. Its going to be beautiful and need I say fun. Invite anybody, but we need to keep it safe and obey all traffic laws at all times.

SO NO IDIOTS, NO CRAZY DRIVING, KEEP IT SAFE, OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS AT ALL TIMES

Cris please inform all Rgruppe Norcal members. There will
    be clearer details on the route when we meet.

P.S. My wife is due on the 30th so there could be changes and I will be checking in with her during the drive so if I pull off everybody continue.
    If things really change like labor before the drive, I reccomend everybody to do it anyways. This might be my last drive for a while so lets do it.

Jay SyCip
    Rgruppe #287
    jay@sycip.com
    jtkkz@comcast.net

WOW....

sounds like a GREAT drive...I used to live in Bolinas, and if I still did....I'd join in. Then again, if I still lived in Bolinas, I wouldn't be able to afford any of my toys...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Smile

Meeting Place 7:30AM May 22, 2004 Saturday

Red Hill shopping center in San Anselmo.

Address: 838 Sir Francis Drake Blvd in San Anselmo.

Hope to see and meet you all there.

California Dreaming...

Man, this brings back memories for me! I lived about four blocks from Red Hill, on SF Blvd. right there in San Anselmo.

On this rainy New England morning I followed your description of the proposed drive in my mind... ahhhhh.

Hmmmm, that's pretty early, do I have enough time to blast over to Peets first?

Hope you guys have a great run, wish I could join ya.

Jol

Now, there's a man who loves his car and driving with a very understanding wife. I hope you don't cut it too close. Advance congratulations on your addition to the family.

The course is set and we are going to do some of Sonoma county's most sacred
    driving roads. Some of the roads that the GT2 and RS shootout in the
    Excellence mag was held. Steve De Jung might join us and he co tested the cars in that article. Again these are some of the best road and we need to
    keep them as private and as safe as possible.

Bring your cameras there are going to be some good photo op stops.
    reminder Sat. May 22nd (tommorrow) 8:00 am Red Hill shopping center in San
    Anselmo 838 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

Jay SyCip

Tempting, verrrrrry tempting...

If I didn't have some committments this weekend I'd be looking for a ticket and calling P-car owning friends in the Bay Area to beg for a loaner.

You guys are going to have too much fun!

One of my favorite drives is Lucas Valley Road. Just hang that right after the San Geronimo golf course...
    Jol