Thread: Boxster Wheels?

Boxster Wheels?

Sorry this is my first post, and it will clearly seem idiotic... alas:

I have serached for what wheels fit the early model 911's, and it seems almost everything is the factory size like the fuchs wheels

(5x15, or 6x15? )

I love the way the boxster S wheels look, is there any way you could get those wheels to fit?

What is the actual pattern and offset of the 72-73 911's?

The only thing i dislike about the early 911's is the wheels, if i could get past that, i would buy one tommorow.

Cheers.

Yes, with spacers, you can run Boxster wheels.

Funny you should say that...

Those boxter wheels are pretty cool looking, but somehow they look weird to me on an older car.

For a very long time I was only interested in new Porsches. I was busy updating my 911 with newer and newer "cool" parts.

Meanwhile my friend Rob King at S Car Go was trying to get me interested in restoring an old 911 he had lying around his shop.

"Nah... the old ones are nice, I guess... but they're so... old looking. And those wheels are so.... small "

I was using my Fuchs for track wheels (they were much lighter) but they were my "junk" wheels.

Then, somewhere along the line a little switch flicked over in my head. Those fuchs just look awesome to me now.

I wish I'd paid a little more attention to that "old" car Rob had for sale. Seems to me it had a 2.7 motor in it....

Jol

Anachronism!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I don't know. I think I'll leave my Boxster wheels on the Box. I wish RUF had made some smaller wheels like 16 x 7. But, the best looking wheel of all time to me for the early car is the Fuchs 15 x 7. I say that as I look at my car with deep 6's. They're not too bad, eh?