Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest on the 73 VGE

Newest on the 73 VGE

Here is the latest tidbit for those who are sharing my obsession. The car is now ready for priming. Mike has finished all of the stripping of the red paint on the car. This picture will show you how detailed he has gotten on the stripping.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

He has also completed all of the body fill on the panels. Doors, front fenders, hood and trunk lid are all off the car and being readied for priming. He had planned on having it primed last week, but he said that it was too humid, and he doesn't like painting when it is too humid. Hey, he's the boss when it comes to these things.

Here's the passenger door, filled and ready for primer. Pretty straight panel, no?

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

OK, I'm getting a bit nutsy, but here is the driver's door, after body filling.

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

And HERE COME THE FENDERZ (wish I could post multiple pix in a reply.

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

And here's the other fender, with the paint line supervisor making sure that it's going OK. He's a real watchdog!!!

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

And, of course, the hood, complete with Porsche Hood Emblem.

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

OK, Last picture. This is the engine compartment, ready for a new coat of paint on the inside and outside.

Houndstooth fabric is on order. Delivery is expected to be 6 - 8 weeks. I might just have to pick up the car with borrowed seats!!! Mike still feels confident that he will have the car done by Mid June. Here's hoping. There just seem to be a lot of things that need to be done yet. I mean, even just assembling the pieces, and getting the interior in have to take a bunch of time.

We did get the carpeting in, (did I tell you?) from Original Fit Interiors. Decided (long ago) to order the German Velour. Mike said that the delivery was prompt, and he was really impressed with the quality of the carpet cutting and serging for the price difference with some other sources. He was pleased. So, I will be too.

So, my hope is to have it done in enough time, inspected and polished, so that I can get to P2P at the end of July. Here's hoping - - - - -

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Lose the Dynamat. You won't be able to hear the engine which is a far better sound than any music you'll find on any radio.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

You say you'e gonna drive this car when? I know a thing or two about restoring cars and that car is 6-8 months from driving. Unless he has nothing else in the shop and works on it everyday all day. Then, I say 4 months. It will be sweet.

Originally posted by sithot
    Lose the Dynamat. You won't be able to hear the engine which is a far better sound than any music you'll find on any radio.

Tom
    Yes, but if I lose the dynamat, will I still be able to hear my wife?

OooooHHHhhh, nevermind.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC