As I sit and wait for delivery of my new Glacier Blue "S" I've been reading through the Service Records provide by the Seller (G&W). I noticed that on several occassions the car was found to have a significant amount of fuel in the crankcase (oil). The motor has approx 25K miles on a rebuild with a total of 138K miles on the car. It appears that before the rebuild was done fuel was getting into the oil and after the rebuild fuel was found in the oil again. Each time the shop replaced the "cold start valve". It was also noted that when the motor was rebuilt the MFI pump and throttle bodies were rebuilt as well.

I don't have a great understanding of MFI's yet, but isn't there a "switch" that shuts off the fuel when the throttle bodies are closed? And if I understand correctly the only way fuel is going to get into the crankcase is through the MFI injectors in each cylinder. So I'm thinking the throttle bodies and/or pump need attention . . . yes?

An interesting note on one service document said "two quarts" of fuel was found in the crankcase.

It should be very interesting to see the condition of this motor when it finally gets here (10-14 days).

If anyone has experience with this I would greatly appreciate any information on this problem.

After all I was planning to drop the motor . . . now I'm thinking it's going to come apart so I can repair any damage done to the rings/bearings/etc.

Thanks,

Tom C.