Thread: Soft Window Targa Experts,....help....

Soft Window Targa Experts,....help....

www.early911registry.com
    Last edited by Soterik; 05-25-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Eric,
    If you had the car at Emory's next weekend I could tell if it ever came as a soft window.One thing about Kardex's is that they do have mistakes. And sometimes they are unclear. (as in this case).
    I'll give Rob Gross a call and have him chime in, he is good a filtering through this stuff.
    Hope to see you next weekend!

Eric,

Hope all is well... I am not too sure on this one, but I am going to call Porsche in Germany next week to see what I can find out.

Email me at marcw@pipeline.com with any other info and I will do my best.

Talk to you soon...

Marc

I do not think absence of seats is determinative of rear window type. I once had a '68 911L targa which I purchased from the second owner. It had a hard window. However, there were evident filled holes below the window. They once held the Tenax studs which attached the protective cover over a soft window. The hard window had heating elements (vertical) but no wiring or switch. I reinstalled a soft window. The car had rear seats.

Eric,

Didn't want you to think I forgot, but I still haven't gotten an answer back from my Porsche contact in Germany. I guess he is busy driving the water cooled cars!

For the record, I asked for a list of all options in accordance with the Cardex codes so I can post them or send them out as needed. Apparently, these are very guarded... for what reason, I have no idea.

I will get back to you ASAP or 5k miles, whichever comes first.

Marc

eric,
    you might want to ck with these guys. there are a few 912 soft window cars that are regulars at the concourse shows in the area. very informative group to tap into.

http://www.912bbs.org/index.php?c=1
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

I just came across this code, so looked it up.
    9354 = Elektrische beheizte getönte feste Heckscheibe einstufig für Targa = Electric heated tinted fixed rear window single-stage for Targa
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

This one was also a 69 Soft Window Targa, hope the Kardex helps.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!