Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA Speedway Sat. the 19th!!!

Thumbs up CA Speedway Sat. the 19th!!!

Hey Guys,

Just had our Registry meeting last Sat. and John Dilger informed us that so far we have a very low e-mail response to our up coming event at the CA Speedway on Sat. June 19th. … I’m not sure what’s-up or why the low responce so far but John has REALLY knocked himself out on this event.

It’s all on the events page on the web site … but just to bring it up here on the board:

This is a Registry breakfast followed by a short drive to the track to a special designated parking area in the paddock… Then a drivers meeting in the drivers lounge. At lunch will be on the track, following a pace car (driven by Porsche racer Topper Chasse') for 3 laps by OURSELVES, then with the rest of the lunch lap group for about 40 minutes.

... Those who did this last year are still talking about it…. RIGHT ROGER ?...

Trust me; this will be MUCH better then noon laps at the Festival of Speed were...

This is for us guys…

Listen, ... how these local events go are motivational to the rest of the early 911 people around the country and around the world…

This is a HSR-West track event and there will be a whole weekend of vintage racing including the 2.0 liter Porsche Challenge.

So, PLEASE check out the events page … and if it’s something you would like to do, or even watch (and who wouldn’t) please e-mail John Dilger ASAP and lets get some cars out there.

Think I might put my DOT’s on for this one…

Cheers, and hope to see ya out there
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hey there chuck, just want chime in here.........

Ok. everyone.....I have done this and I will tell you that IF you take a "pass" on this I swear that you will be honestly kicking yourself in the arse for a long time !!!!!!!!

The HSR West guyz really like the Early 911 guys and it shows once we're out on the track.......

Personally, my 911 is not back together yet....but I have been offered a very nice '73 911 RS "LOOK" as a "loaner" for the day

So come on out, The weather will be great and the track sticky !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I emailed in that I will be there. I may be dense, but though there was mention of a form, I didn't see it. I thought the 'form' would be emailed back to me. Nothing yet.

I have chosen not to drive on the track this time. I did it at the last race and the car will be better when I get the new suspension under it. No need to go out anymore the way it is. Shocks are trash.

But I will be there for the breakfast and the ride in to the parking. See ya there.

Talking I'll be there!

Hey you guys, you got to be a part of this! It is a BLAST! Chuck you got that right! Chasing that 962C with you was someting I'll never forget.
    I will probably have a right seat open. So if you aren't going to be able to drive your own car on the track, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will be happy to give you a ride.
    Join us and be part of the FUN!

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

admin_old
    John mentioned to me the form isn't necessary. However, he is collecting the entry and lunch lap fees at the breakfast.

See you there,
    Sherwood

Unhappy OH MAN!

I would love to be there!!!
    I wish you guys a LOT of FUN!!!
    Burn some rubber for me!!!
    I will take my rennsemmel to a 200+ 911 gathering in Ulm tomorrow, I will take pictures, I promise and I hope there will be other then just Lenor (German fabric softener) -Porsches...
    Where are the OLD'UNS???

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

I would love to be there!!!
    Just put the car on the plane again...
    I wish you guys a LOT of FUN!!!
    Burn some rubber for me!!!
    I will take my rennsemmel to a 200+ 911 gathering in Ulm tomorrow, I will take pictures, I promise and I hope there will be other then just Lenor (German fabric softener) -Porsches...
    Where are the OLD'UNS??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

First post here on this board. Just wanted to say my son and me are heading down Friday afternoon and making it a fathers day weekend. We will see everyone at the breakfast spot and look forward to meeting some new people and seeing some familiar faces. My son (6-1/2) is very excited and has his digital camera ready to take plenty of pictures.
    Milt - You need to take your S on the track. We need to compare body roll between our two rides. I know mine is much worse.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Dan,
    Welcome to the message board...

You and your boy are in for a great weekend...

See ya at breakfast bud...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

John Dilger says only 10 cars signed up so far. You guys that are not signed up come on! There must be 10 more.

I know I'm relatively new, I'm just trying to bump this. Each time they have gone out they had a blast. I was out on the track last race, POC, and had a great time.

OK, Dan, I'll take my car out on the track and run at the back. I'm gonna try to at least get the shocks in by then.