As many of you know, last Fall at the LeMans viewing at the Grove Theater a feature article in European Car magazine was auctioned off for charity.

Instead of doing the article on an individual, I fronted the dough to buy it for the RGruppe. The package includes an article in an upcoming issue of European Car magazine about the RGruppe, as well as a photo shoot of our cars by Les Bidrawn, who is probably the #1 automotive photographer in the Western U.S.

Voila, just 8 months later we have all of the details available:

The photoshoot will take place early in the morning (for optimal lighting purposes) on Saturday July 24th in Glendora. We will meet right off of the Asuza exit off of the #210 freeway @ 7 am sharp (more specific details to follow for all confirmed participants). This is not only a somewhat central location for So. Cal RGrupper's, but also Les' favorite photo location in So. Cal.

Les will spend all morning taking active photos of us driving our cars. He promised there will also be a group photo in the magazine, so everybody's car will get some ink. After we're done, we'll all go out for a late brunch/early lunch.

Here are the economics of the deal:

Les wants it limited to 15 cars max for logistical purposes (this is his call and I am going to abide by it). The package cost $1,500 at the charity. We are going to charge $150 for each participant in the photo shoot. The math geniuses out there have probably figured out that Rob might be grossing $2,250 on something that cost just $1,500. Not so fast!!

The RGruppe will pop for the meal and any proceeds remaining after the cost of the photoshoot will go straight to Roger Grago and the So. Cal RGruppe treasury.

If you want to participate, please email me ASAP @ wolfturbo@aol.com and I will reserve your spot. Those of you who know me are welcome to call me at home or my office.

This should be a nice win/win/win. We have fun driving our cars, we throw a little jing at a deserving charity, we throw a little dough in the RGruppe kitty and we get some good ink for the RGRuppe in the process.

First come, first serve so let me know if you're in. Best regards.

Rob