Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern California RGruppe Photo Shoot for European Car magazine

Southern California RGruppe Photo Shoot for European Car magazine

As many of you know, last Fall at the LeMans viewing at the Grove Theater a feature article in European Car magazine was auctioned off for charity.

Instead of doing the article on an individual, I fronted the dough to buy it for the RGruppe. The package includes an article in an upcoming issue of European Car magazine about the RGruppe, as well as a photo shoot of our cars by Les Bidrawn, who is probably the #1 automotive photographer in the Western U.S.

Voila, just 8 months later we have all of the details available:

The photoshoot will take place early in the morning (for optimal lighting purposes) on Saturday July 24th in Glendora. We will meet right off of the Asuza exit off of the #210 freeway @ 7 am sharp (more specific details to follow for all confirmed participants). This is not only a somewhat central location for So. Cal RGrupper's, but also Les' favorite photo location in So. Cal.

Les will spend all morning taking active photos of us driving our cars. He promised there will also be a group photo in the magazine, so everybody's car will get some ink. After we're done, we'll all go out for a late brunch/early lunch.

Here are the economics of the deal:

Les wants it limited to 15 cars max for logistical purposes (this is his call and I am going to abide by it). The package cost $1,500 at the charity. We are going to charge $150 for each participant in the photo shoot. The math geniuses out there have probably figured out that Rob might be grossing $2,250 on something that cost just $1,500. Not so fast!!

The RGruppe will pop for the meal and any proceeds remaining after the cost of the photoshoot will go straight to Roger Grago and the So. Cal RGruppe treasury.

If you want to participate, please email me ASAP @ wolfturbo@aol.com and I will reserve your spot. Those of you who know me are welcome to call me at home or my office.

This should be a nice win/win/win. We have fun driving our cars, we throw a little jing at a deserving charity, we throw a little dough in the RGruppe kitty and we get some good ink for the RGRuppe in the process.

First come, first serve so let me know if you're in. Best regards.

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Looks like that phone number's worked out for you, eh, Wolfman?

-Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Can Rgruppers come and watch the proceedings?

Smile Please...

Save me and send me a magazine!
    We can't get this over here!
    Have fun you lucky guys!!!

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

Zeke,

You're more than welcome to come out and watch, although I am not sure how much fun that would be. Les made it fairly clear to me that he will be barking out lots of orders for us in hopes of getting the right shot.

PM me if you want more info as the date draws closer.

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Originally posted by wolfturbo
    Zeke,

You're more than welcome to come out and watch, although I am not sure how much fun that would be. Les made it fairly clear to me that he will be barking out lots of orders for us in hopes of getting the right shot.

PM me if you want more info as the date draws closer.

Rob
    Yeah, he'd be barking at me, "Get the primered POS out of here!" It's always fun to be around the cars and the owners, even if off on the perimeter.

Rob, I would have chosen Jeff Zwart (a world-class automotive photographer based in So. Cal. and a charter R Gruppe member), but I understand this may have not been in the cards. Irregardless of who shoots it, I applaud your efforts. Looking forward to seeing the results..
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Randy,
    I think the deal with Les, is that he is with European Car Magazine. Jeff is great, but has no affiliation with EC.
    Nice idea of your's Rob! You are always more than a gentlemen when it comes to coughing up the $$ to get the ball rolling. If I had a car on the west coast, I'd be the first sign up. Wish you could have been in Oregon this weekend. All you needed was the allergy pills!!
    All those who have seen my eyes today think I was at a Cheech and Chong event this weekend, NOT a Porsche deal!
    The more "ink", the Registry and R Gruppe gets, means more future members= more fun.........

So was it the special paint that Gary uses on the cars that leaves causes the wicked hayfever or the farm animals? . Glad you guys had a blast. Hope to see some pics up this week.

Rick's right...

Les has been with European Car from the beginning...
    He did the first Early 911-S Registry photo shoot and spread in 1995 appearing in the Feb., '96 issue (I'm in there with no duck tail ) ...

He was/is a first rate photographer and a pleasure to work with.

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter