Thread: Hydra-pneumatic front struts have failed

Hydra-pneumatic front struts have failed

The Hydra-pneumatic front strut system on my '71 911E (targa) is worn out and I am researching my options in replacing them. The original owner added torsion bars, but didn't change out the worn out self-leveling struts.

What traditional struts should I replace them with? What is the best, reasonably-priced solution? This is a street car -- so I'm looking for a nice-handling, comfortable suspension.

Thank you for your help!
    William
    1971 911E Targa

All of you 911E owners, come join us at The 911E Registry at 911E.org

YOu must have the world's last pair of those things. Most people swapped them out back in the Eocene period.

Use the stock stuts for your year if Concoursy type person or swap to the entire later Carrera front end if performance/outlaw type person. The latter has lighter parts and you can use S type, Carrera, or later calipers on them. Replace all rubber with new while doing that -- incl. the top camber mounts.

Similar Threads

1. Anybody know what front struts these are?
    By Nicklasliljegren in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 05:59 AM
  2. FS: Front and Rear Hydro Pneumatic Struts removed from my 69T
    By leedurrant73 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. WTB: 73 911 T front struts
    By LV911 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 11:26 AM
  4. FS: RSR Front struts