Thread: Brass and aluminum center caps

Brass and aluminum center caps

I just found these in bloody ol' England. Does anyone know more about them?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

They are the ring type and not three prong.

RGruppe #183

Jens -

Those look like 356 crest discs that came on the baby moon dished wheel covers for the steel wheels. A body of min ehas something similar on his 356. Jeffrey at Perfect Motion in Florida used to offer something similar as well.

Yeah Jim, my first thought was MG mitten or one of those early accessory catalogues. Whoever made these did a really nice job and used factory 356 and 911 pieces, not homebuilt at all. I put them on my white car. It's a good look.

RGruppe #183

No doubt....thats gonna look way cool on the white hotrod. How is the '68 turning out? Any major stuff or little Damion tweeks?

A fiberglass hood with an off-center hood filler, FRP rear decklid, fenders... He and John won't allow me fiberglass doors without a cage for side impact protection, but other than that I'm thinking if it's possible to make it in FRP, I'll use it to add all the lightness I can. His longhood backdate set-up for later cars is just amazing, no chassis mods at all. Bolt-on retro. I'll do the White car and then use his S front bumper, no RS front for this car. I'm psyched!

Here's the White car with these caps-

RGruppe #183

What are you going to do for seats? Sounds like a f-u-u-u-un project.

I'll likely make them. There's an upholsterer here locally that had his Talbot win Pebble Beach that will do the stitching, cheeeep. Unless of course you have something just gathering dust.

RGruppe #183

Just wondering whether you were using race seats or something top secret We should make some 935 seats!

Ohh yeah! That'd be cool too. I've had in mind to make some fiberglass ST or RS buckets and have them sewn up by the guy here.

RGruppe #183