Thread: Dashboard knobs???

Dashboard knobs???

Hi, I just purchased a 1968 911 S. It is a European model, and the dashboard knobs are not marked. I have found the lights and the lighter, but it has 3 more knobs next to the ashtray, the center one, I think is the windshield heater (this is the only one with a sticker on it). There is a two step pull knob on the right with a light that goes on afer the second pull, and the one on the left seems to do nothing.

The car has no fog lamps, and no warning (hazzard) lights (1968 Europeans didn't have one), so one of them must be the gas heater, any idea what the other does? The car has a rear defroster, though it might be aftermarket.

Thanks

68 Dash Knobs

I have a 68 S. Euro car delivered to US in Nov. 68.
    Far right knob is for gas heater. with small white light in center - don't use it - fire hazard
    Center is Emerz. flashers, with red center.
    Far left is for fog lights, with small white light in center of knob.

MY 67 911 has the three dash knobs also.
    Far right is for upper driving lights
    Center is for Flashers
    Far left is for lower fog lights.

Hope this helps

Stewart Thomas

Thanks, though mine seem to be soemwhat different, the far right has an orange light in the center, and it's probably the gas heater (I won't use it), the center is clearly a winshield defroster, it blows air. The left one seems to have no use, the light doesn't go on, and since it currently has no fog lamps, I guess it could have been for those, and they got lost in time. Strangely, it has no emergency flashers, and the manual states so?

Thanks Again

Henry