Thread: Electrical Gremlin

Electrical Gremlin

I'm in the midst of diagnosing a minor fault, and I thought I'd see if it struck a chord with anyone.

The combined "turn-signal/flasher/parking-brake-warning" relay clicks at a low frequency when the ignition is on. The "tone" of the click is the same as when the parking brake is on (albeit at lower frequency), which is distinctly different from when the flashers or turn signals are on. As such, my first thought is that the current reaching the relay is getting there via the parking brake circuit (may be a false assumption).

So far, I've verified that the relay itself is good, and that the switch at the handbrake is not the problem. I've also confirmed that the adjustment of the switch is not causing it to be closed when the brake is off. Also note that when the handbrake is off, so is the handbrake light, in spite of the fact that the relay is weakly energized.

THe next obvious course is to begin chasing all the connections, etc, but I was wondering if anyone has come across this particular situation.

THanks, Lee

Lee,
    I had a simliar situation, you might want to check the brake switch on the Master Cylinder.
    Ken
    73 911T

Similar Threads

1. turn signal gremlin -- 73S
    By Boulder Bob in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
  2. An electrical why
    By yale in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM
  3. Electrical Help Please