Thread: Think I know what you did..

Think I know what you did..

Sherwood, did our server merely move us "back in time" to before when we were hacked? Now, should I need to, do I use my old or my new password? Regardless, my thanks to all the computer experts who got us going again.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thanks for getting everything back up and running! Nice work!

I noticed that the newest member display is the same one from 2 days ago when everything went down. However, it looks like you did a database restore. How did you guys do a restore without restoring the userid table?

I work in a database enviornment and this stuff really creeps me out. It may not be a bad idea to force everyone to do a password change if there is evidence that these guys left a backdoor into the system through a legitimate user login.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

I've also started getting a bunch of spam in my email that looks like its coming from data gleaned on this bboard. Its got names of folks on the bboard in the subject line, and 'earlyS', 'early$registry' in the email lines. I think I'll switch my email over to my yahoo, which provides spam filtering.
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Hey Sherwood!

I imagine that what was an inconvenience for us was a huge pain in the A$$ for you. Thanks man.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Thanks for all the work Sherwood...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the work!

Quote Originally Posted by yopurp
    I've also started getting a bunch of spam in my email that looks like its coming from data gleaned on this bboard. Its got names of folks on the bboard in the subject line, and 'earlyS', 'early$registry' in the email lines. I think I'll switch my email over to my yahoo, which provides spam filtering.
    Didn't happen here. Perhaps this mans that McAfee is doing it's job? Wish I knew more about these machines...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)