Two & a half months ago I purchased an 88 Silver Rose 944 Turbo with just over a 1000 miles on the clock. Totally pristine! About the only thing she needed were new tires, still the orig. Goodyear Gatorbacks, and new stone guard strips which had "yellowed".

My local expert mechanic sent the car to the best body shop in St. Louis to do the stone guards, as the first one didn't 'adhere" to the car. The mechanic called this morning. The reason the first one didn't stick was because it had been clearcoated when the entire car was repainted! And while it was a quality glass out repaint it was not the exact Porsche authorized paint. You can only begin to understand how I felt.

So what to do. I went to see the car & the body shop owner spent an hour with me explaining what he had found. He has a neat little gizzmo that detects bondo(none), rust(none) but not factory paint either when it touches the cars flanks. He is preparing several options for me to consider from a total strip & new factory paint to a "blending". Forgot to mention when they removed the old stone guards, paint came too, hence the blending.

I've not spoken with my seller. He has a race shop in Virginia & very rarely dabbles in car sales so he was more the broker.

Bottom line I'm looking for opinions and other options such as legal. This car was going to be a museum piece & I question it's integrity if I go for the full blown repaint. On the other hand spending some $1500-1800 to "blend" doesn't seem quite the answer either.

You guys have been a big help in the past so please ....HELP!