Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Really Need Your Advice!

My thought is that it's a 944. I don't mean this as a denigration. My advice? If it looks good to you, drive the key-rap out of it, enjoy that experience, and don't worry about appreciation of investment, because cars aren't ever about investment. They're about what you want.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I have a broken 951 in the garage right now. I should have sold it before it broke...

If you are PASSIONATE for the car do what ever it takes. If you are not sell it while you are ahead...

73S 2.7RS Spec Sport
    87 951 Under Repair (again...)

I guess you could go ahead and blend the clear coat, but if it is not sticking to the base coat very well, it won't ever be right. Once repaired, you could drive it as you say you will, and keep it for sale should someone want it. There is probably some guy that really wants a low mile 944 S and is willing/wanting to change the color. He will be after the mechanicals and a respray won't mean dick to him.

Chances of finding very many 1000 mile anythings are slim. So, look at the pluses you have. Only you know what you will settle for. I have a friend that won't buy repainted cars, but he will paint them (only in the original color). Show's you that there's a buyer for everything and each has his own way of doing things.

Similar Threads

1. Need some advice on this one
    By dennisdesouza in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM
  2. End cap fit advice.
    By WM711 in forum General Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  3. Advice on 73T w/ 3.2 Value
    By Type911 in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 10