Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest forum news

Good idea Milt...

How about if we post our Early 911S Registry member numbers on the signature line. Could that shame the others into paying to support? Who knows, but worth a try.

The recent site hack and quick return to service by the registry computer wizards gave us all a very brief look at life without this bboard. All users should support it. T-shirt sales alone will not do it...that reminds me...I need another. Can't get the oil out of my "Wednesday" shirt.

Post yer registry member #'s guys. (what's mine again?) Shawn.

edit: Hey, I have a bright green dot. Another red flag in my file?
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I'll second that - I was Jonesing bad.

Good to have you all back. It's a little funny not seeing the beloved, familiar old site download due to the format change - but the new one looks great.

Hey Shawn, is that green dot any worse than the black one I get ?

Shawn:

I think posting our registry number in our signature is a great idea. I would do it . . . but I have no idea what my registry number is. It isn't on my mailing label. It isn't on the membership CD database (but I'm not in there anyway.)

Sherwood, if you tell me what my number is, I will add it to my sig.

I think its a great idea. Let us all know who is really part of the team.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

ooops, I may have created a monster...

amount of work for the registry. Will everyone need thier membership number now? I recieved a small ID card in the previous Esses issue that had my name and a member number on it. The card was place loose between two pages.

John, the black dot indicates the posts that you have participated in. The black card, on the other hand, can be an issue.

Larry, I missed an important email from you during my move. Sorry, I only retrieved that item yesterday. I am very interested in purchasing some of your new/retro, this fall season, early car fashion fabric. How many sq ft to cover two front seats? Regardless, count me onboard.

Thanks, all. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Ahhh Houndstooth

Shawn:

Sent you a PM.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Test post...I just modified my signature to include my S registry number...
    Yeah, guess you could say I was one of the early sign-ups...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

admin_old
    Does your Registry forum page look like this? Go to the bottom of the page. Does the menu bar say vBulletin 2 default? If so, click on the style menu bar and choose "Quick Style Chooser" to select this:

"Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board vBulletin 3 Style"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey, how come I didn't get a card ?

Now you've really started something Shawn - your going to give us 67 normals a bad name.

ok, I have a question:

Is this a paid site?

I haven't paid anyone anything. If I owe someone money for using the forum, I apologize. Im still pretty new here.

If I need to subscribe, will someone please tell me how or point me in the right direction? Is there a thread somewhere with the subscription process or details of the membership?

TIA
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Shuie;

The site is free to use but no doubt costs those who provide it time and money. Membership is 25.00 - go to the Early 911S Registry home site and click on MEMBERSHIP.
    Soon you will receive a FANTASTIC little bulletin ( The ESSES ) and maybe a membership card : ) Although I think that comes on renewal.The latest issue alone is worth the dues.