Thread: Beware Download?!

Beware Download?!

Received an e-mail to my personal box and it looks highly suspicious. It is addressed from the Registy at a Yahoo mailbox and asked me to please down load a program and has an attached link. I immediately deleted it. Any one else receive one of these?

Me too Rick. I did the same, delteted...then went to deleted items and permanently deleted. I'm sure Sherwood would make a post if he was going to send anything with an attachment.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Rick,
    Same thing here. I deleted it when I saw the "yahoo" e mail origination. Just a precaution but apparently the correct one
    Mark

This is what it looked like: I edited the link to render it harmless

Sent : Friday, June 25, 2004 3:50 PM
    To : xxxxxx@hotmail.com
    Subject : please >

please download the Program

thank u

Rick, you may want to inactivate the link to that virus
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

So changing the link by deleting part of it and inserting XXXs does not work? I deleted the whole thing anyway, but 'inqiring not techy minds want to know'

Sorry about that, I didn't realize you had changed the url. It would error out in that case. I wasnt going to test it

I get phone calls all the time from users on our network that cant figure why nothing happens when they open executables they receive in emails from strangers. Sometimes people get a little happy with the mouse. I just didnt want someone to click that link by accident thinking it would re-direct them to somewhere.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale