Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED- aluminum # plate

WANTED- aluminum # plate

anyone know what the part number is , or do you have a blank one? this is the plate that is pop riveted on the trunk latch panel with the v.i.n. stamped in it. Client's car needs one to be completed
    thanks!

VIN Plate

I have been trying to get one through Stoddards since Dec., plus an A-pillar plate for my 72. I have been told that the older gentleman who used to get these made at the factory has retired, and Porsche is still trying to come up with a solution to the demand for these plates. Not sure where else to go.

There seems to be some demand for these VIN plates, so hopefully, the factory or an aftermarket supplier will respond.

Gib Bosworth

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Call me crazy but...

If someone produced exact reproductions of those VIN plates, a less-than-honest person could then imprint faux VIN numbers...
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I too need one of those. painter must have misplaced it. I just realized I didn't have one!

where do we find this dave assee

Dave will be looking when he returns to his shop late today. i will post what he has when i get the message

I, too, need a vin plate. Someone have a number for Dave Assee? Also need the vin sticker and paint code plate (po's made a real mess of this car). Thanks.

Aase Sales
    951/677-5003
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by kurtzimmerman
    Dave Assee has the blank plates. Andial can stamp them. I just did one that was lost when the body shop removed it to paint, and they lost it. Looks like new.
    You're kidding, right? BLANK plates??? IMHO, the only way such plates and/or VIN decals should be supplied is through authorized dealerships, after documented proof of ownership is presented. They then should be presented stamped. If not? Hell, we could all be driving RS's or R's. "numbers matching". Caveat Emptor...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I bought one from Aase last year. I compared it to my original which and it is a perfect replica. I saw that Aase just had a new one being auctioned on EBay a few days ago. Anyone know who to send it to in order to stamp it correctly with my VIN numbers etc?

Don't worry, I'm only "faking" a T. Actually, I can't believe they're available either, but I'm glad because I need one.