Guys,

Need some advice. My car is so out of tune its a joke. I've had it back to Born2BFast multiple times to fix things, and have now had it to my regular, trusted wrench to fix most of the smaller stuff.

I'm now down to the biggest issue, the MFI. My wrench, and I've now talked to Alan at the Stable (who I ran into at EASY), bot have said that the MFI needs either a complete tune (~$600) or possibly a rebuild (~$1,500). However, neither can tell me for sure it needs rebuilt, nor that a complete re-tune will make it run perfect.

My question: is there any way to tell when a MFI really needs rebuilt? I had theinjectors pulled and taken to Pacific for testing. One was bad, replaced and the others are all fine. I know I won't be sorry with a rebuild, but $$ is an issue now (since I've had to spend $$$ to fix crappy workmanship and wornout parts ). My wife's ready to kill me over this thing.

Alternatively, and I know its a LOT to ask, but are there any kind (knowlegeable) souls in the bay area that would be willing to spend a saturday with a novice (me) working through "Check, Measure, Adjust"? I've read it back to front a few times, understand it, but just don't trust myself to do it. I don't have all the tools needed either.