Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Repro. Sport Seats

Repro. Sport Seats

I plan on replacing my "couch" seats in my 1970 911E with
    a reproduction sport seat. Original ones would be nice, but I cant see
    spending $4000 on a car that is just a driver.
    Iam considering the RS model seats from Vintage Seats or the
    Monte Carlo seats from GTS-Classics. I like the reclining option of the
    MC seats, plus they are $1000 less than the RS Vintage seats.
    I cant decide which would be the better seat. Without the option to
    sit in each of these seats, I was wondering if I could get some opinions
    from owners that have either one of these seats.

thanks !
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Peter Z's (Vintage Seats) are hard to beat. I love mine. Here is one in the '67 and the pair in my ex-'73-S.

Good luck,

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Repro Sport Seats

Does anyone have comments on the houndstooth vs. basketweave inserts for either the GTS or Vintage seats? Similarity to original pattern and color, texture, durability of fabric?

Also, what about seat belt anchor points - do the Recaro sliders come with the two anchor points attached, or do you have to fabricate/source anchors if you don't want to drill through the floor?

Thanks
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Tom,
    what model seat was in your 73?
    How was comfort, fit, adjustment etc..

thanks
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Do a search on this topic there have extensive discussions on these seats.
    Phil

A friend has the Monte Carlo model in his 912. I sat in them briefly last summer. If anything, they are more comfortable than my factory sports seats.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Chris,
    I have a set of Peter Z 911R seats in my 67 which are very similar to the PeterZ 911RS seats. They are amazingly nice. Firm yet comfortable, lightweight, easy to adjust back and forth. Before installing them, I thought I might be bothered by the fact that there is no tilt adjustment on them. The fact is though, I have never needed to. They seem to be at the exact correct pitch. Every Porsche guy who has sat in them, loved them. I have seen the pic's of the GTS seats, and they look nice. I know they are a few hundred cheaper too. But when you get your PeterZ seats in the mail and open the box, it is like being a little kid again opening a great christmas present. Even my Mom thought the seats were beautiful, and she could give a flip about early 911's. If for some crazy reason you don't like em after you have sat in them for a few hundred miles, there are probably 5 guys on this board who will pounce on them for a few hundred less than what you paid.
    Here is a pic of the 911R seats in my 67 911. If you don't have a Momo Prototipo, you should buy one of those too. The PeterZ seats and Momo Prototipo wheel go together like Martin and Lewis, Abbott and Costello, Sinatra and Jack Daniels, Charlie Manson and the White Album, Newman and Redford, you get the idea...

chris i bouoght mine from Steffan GTS the montecarlo, they look similar to the sport seats, and are very nice and comfortable, the hound seat are great, theres a thread from tom dance, he has a pair of hounds in his black 911, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Type911
    Tom,
    what model seat was in your 73?
    How was comfort, fit, adjustment etc..

thanks
    They are the "R" model. Only difference is that the sides are not as high as the RS type. Comfort? Just fine, and you stick like glue sitting in them.
    I have a tilt mechanism on the driver's side. Adjustments are standard Recaro type. You can raise or lower the front or rear by the position of the bolt in the rail. Easy.
    I'll tell you this much. My '73 dropped a good 1 to 1.5 inches in the rear when I installed the factory Sport Seats. They weigh a lot and imho are not as comfortable as these UNLESS they are well broken in.
    The '72 silver S that was sold this year through G&W had the best factory Sport Seats that I ever sat in, but they had some time on them and had broken in very nicely not unlike a good baseball glove.

For the money I like the Peter Z seats.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I have a pair of GTS seats in my 73E and like them a lot. They're not the best track seats, but way better than stock seats and they look great in early 911's.
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911