Thread: Need help with momo wheel adaptor

Need help with momo wheel adaptor

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to get an adaptor for my RS. I've got a prototipo that I want to install, but so far two companies have sent me two different (and both wrong) adaptors.

I looked at my other '73 which currently has the modification, but there aren't any part numbers on the hub.

My next stop was pelican, but before I commit I am hoping someone on the board might know which part number works for my car so that I can order it by number.

Thanks!

Jol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jol - the Momo part number for the correct hub is 0230.

This fits 356B/C & 911/912 up to 07/74.

Andy
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks Andy, that's what they claimed...

Thanks Andy, that's what they claimed I was sent by the first vendor, and what Pelican says should work There is no part number on the piece or the box, so I'll have to assume that they pulled the wrong part.

Better safe than sorry (again) so thank you for the input.

Jol

Jol - the part number is usually stamped into the outside surface of the hub near the base.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy
    Jol - the part number is usually stamped into the outside surface of the hub near the base.
    I just installed a Momo wheel on my '73. The part number is stamped on the base.

Also, remember to remove the spring and bushing from your old wheel and place it on the splined shaft of the adapter. If you don't, the steering wheel will be very wobbly (don't ask how I know ).

It took me about 30 minute to update my wheel.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

On order... again

Thanks again for the posts, emails, etc.
    And thanks Harry, for the reminder about the spring and "bushing" I've made that mistake before too.

You'd think this would be easy. I've got a box full of Momo/OMP/Sparco hubs, horn buttons, spacers for 914, 911 (post 74) Saab and Mercedes. This is one thing I can do in my sleep.

But just trying to get some of these internet vendors to ship you the same part that you actually ordered seems to be tougher than adjusting MFI on a 2.7.

I probably should have just ordered it from Pelican in the first place...

Jol

Quote Originally Posted by Jol Dantzig
    Thanks again for the posts, emails, etc.
    And thanks Harry, for the reminder about the spring and "bushing" I've made that mistake before too.

You'd think this would be easy. I've got a box full of Momo/OMP/Sparco hubs, horn buttons, spacers for 914, 911 (post 74) Saab and Mercedes. This is one thing I can do in my sleep.

But just trying to get some of these internet vendors to ship you the same part that you actually ordered seems to be tougher than adjusting MFI on a 2.7.

I probably should have just ordered it from Pelican in the first place...

Jol
    Jol,

Maybe you can help me out.

When I got my used Momo wheel it had an adapter on it but no markings to give me a clue what it is for other than a 39 cast into the bottom. The side attaching to the steering wheel looks alot like the JDM adapters you see on e-bay. The steering wheel end has two roll pins 180 degrees apart on a raised spot around the female spline coupler. Around the raised spot is a copper (brass?) donut for contacting the horn ring. Any idea what it might fit? It looks somewhat like Momo one for a Nissan (Datsun) of some sort but I am not sure.

TIA.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Here's a list

Harry,
    That number doesn't match up with any of the Momo numbers on the pelican site:

Pelican Hubs

However, if you post a photo maybe someone will recognize the application, as there are a ton of different hubs.

Jol