Thread: Thread question...can't post or reply from my PC

Unhappy Thread question...can't post or reply from my PC

I need some IT support, please...
    Since we got the new design for the website I can't post new threads or even reply to threads...BUT only from my personal PC.
    Log in works fine, that is not the problem, also the 'You may...' box shows green light!
    It works from my work PC or here from my girlfriends...though I don't want to shift around the pics...
    Once I open the thread page with the 'reply post' or 'new thread' button from my home PC -the site opening misses the boxes for entering the title and text...
    Only the attachment options show below...
    No reaction to any curser action on the top of the site... ????????????
    Is that a problem with my Netscape version which is probably stone age, or does anybody have an eexplanation for this...???

THANKS so much, can't wait to post F model pics from a 911 meeting in Germany...

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

Using Old version of Netscape?

Thorsten:

The way to find out if there is a problem with Netscape or not, is to see if you are using the same browser on your other computers.

My expectation is that you are using Explorer on the other computers, or a newer version of Netscape. I doubt that there is an issue with your computer, unless you are running Windows 95 and have an ancient graphix card.

Come on, admit it, you haven't upgraded your computer since 1992.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

There were computers in 1992????
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Wish I could be of more help Thorsten...but my first reaction is...whan version browser are you using? update to the newest if you don't already have it installed, as this is the "newest" version of the forum software and to be compatible you better be at least close to a newer version...

Next I would check your browser settings and make sure you are set up to be HTTP compatible as that's what this site operates off of.

anybody else...?? this is an RGruppe brother who really deserves the maximum assist !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Talking Message from work...

Hey guys!
    I guess I have to check my network access, indeed I might have to admit my PC might run off a 73's CV box...
    I will try that on the weekend, upgrade to MFI or so...

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)