The directions were useless but it was an easy install. I was able to keep my stock tach and 3 pin Bosch CDI. There is an installation kit that you can buy with the trigger. I have the Pelican part numbers if anyone wants them.

I turned the motor until the pulley mark for TDC #1 lined up on the fan housing, noted where the rotor was pointing, and removed the distributor. Remove the breaker points, installed the optical trigger so that the shutter was open, re-installed the distributor, and pushed the rotor back on making sure it was still where I noted it before.

There were only 3 wires to connect once the trigger was installed:

black wire -> ground
white wire -> old points wire, black/purple wire from the Bosch CD box
red wire -> switched 12V, bottom fuse on the fuse panel

The car started immediately. I set the timing according to the little pocket spec book and the directions in the 101. The car starts, idles, and runs smoother through the rev range than it ever has since I have owned it. The tach is smooth and doesnt bounce at all.

It probably took me about 2 hours total, but I had never pulled a distributor cap or set the timing on any car before I did this. If you know what you are looking at from the get-go you could do this 30 minutes.