Thread: Wow! IROC DVD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow! IROC DVD

I just heard that a DVD of the 73-74 IROC seasons may be released shortly! This 2 hour color DVD includes the complete television coverage of the 3 races at Riverside and the finale at Daytona. Commentators are Keith Jackson and Jackie Stewart. This appears to be a somewhat 'bootleg' DVD, so hopefully it will come to market before IROC and/or the TV networks put a stop to it. Once I secure my own copy , I'll post details on where to order.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh yeah Curt. I have to have a copy! Wow!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jens, apparently, the original tapes were obtained from David Donohue. Seeing that Jackie Stewart was one of the commentators, I would guess these races were originally broadcast on ABC and are probably - technically - still their property. 4-5 years ago a similar thing occurred where a VHS tape was offered of the only 2 CanAm races ever broadcast live on TV (1972 and the all-conquering 917/10s!). They were on NBC as I recall. I actually remember watching these two races on TV (Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen, I think). Anyway, I hesitated on ordering the tapes because they were quite expensive and within about 2 months they were "no longer available" and have never surfaced again. (I do know of someone who has been attempting to get the licensing rights from NBC to reproduce these but no luck so far). I'm afraid the same thing may happen with the IROC DVD. Supposedly, we're about 3 weeks away from delivery right now ..... we'll see.

For now, I'm going to try to keep this off of Pelican, Rennlist, etc. and give the true early car enthusiasts here the first shot.

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Hopefully you'll get your copies before the greedy, litigious ABC/Disney lawyers come a callin'.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

That's...

Now that's cool! I'm down with a copy! Right up there with the '73 factory footage.

Jol

My DVD just arrived (in an unmarked brown wrapper, no less ). The DVD is not labeled in any manner. I've skimmed thru it and it is AWESOME - a must have. So, if you want one I'd order ASAP. $25.

The Motorsport Collector
    5120 Belmont
    Downers Grove, IL 60515

phone: 630-515-1440

Or send Paul an eMail at:

zim@motorsportcollector.com

Got my IROC DVD the other night. It's pretty good. The intro music was great. Here are some pics of the Christophorus' that had IROC coverage in '74.

...and the rest

... & the DVD case I made.