Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars...? Not enabled?

I tried to change my avatar and ended up deleting it, with no option to restore *or* replace it with another.

Wuz up wit dat????
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

admin_old
    John,
    Have you tried revising it at "My CP", then "edit Avatar"?

Sherwood

Sherwood, The only choice is:

- Do not use an avatar

-KT
    Keith Talbot
    t1 AT thetalbots.net

'73.5 911E
    '04 Acura TL - Daily Driver.
    '02 BMW K1200RS - My vehical to ZEN.
    '91 SpecMiata - Pure "cheep" fun.
    '05 Ford Excursion - Tow Truck

Correct. and once you click on the "do not use avatars" whatever avatar one might have is eliminated, with no option to to restore *or* replace it with another. Also, once you do click on that button, you can't un-click it. It appears that one's choice is a permanant one.

There are just no other buttons or links on the sight I have found to go back, or to update one's avatar. Only to permanently eliminate it.

I'm open to education on this one...........
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

admin_old
    John,
    Added the Registry logo as my temporary avatar to see if I get the same symptoms. Later today, I'll go back into "User CP" and see if I get the same results you did.

Sherwood

admin_old
    2:41, 7/12/04:
    I went back to "User CP" and disabled the temp. avatar and it was gone, then went back and reloaded it. If you guys have recurring problems, can you send me a screen shot of how your User CP appears?

This is what I see, how about you RSupdate?

Keith Talbot
    t1 AT thetalbots.net

'73.5 911E
    '04 Acura TL - Daily Driver.
    '02 BMW K1200RS - My vehical to ZEN.
    '91 SpecMiata - Pure "cheep" fun.
    '05 Ford Excursion - Tow Truck

admin_old
    My User CP looks different. Whether it's because I'm admin, not sure. Here is what my avatar menu looks like following by a menu option in the "Edit Options" menu in User CP. It looks like this enables/disables avatars. Want to try that out?

This is a learning curve for me too,
    Sherwood
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    2:41, 7/12/04:
    ......then went back and reloaded it.
    Whoa...!! How does one go about re-loading an avatar??? I would expect to see some sort of option to "search" for an avatar by selecting one's own C drive and going to the source location....

But where is any such option located on the website....????

For example, at the Pelican BBS one can go to "edit options" located along the top of one's screen, and scroll down to the bottom and select "more info" and go about changing one's avatar....

but how do I do this here...???

For the mentally challanged, (me) a step by step guide would be most helpful, as I am either missing some features of the new version or it just is not here.....
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

admin_old
    Oky guys, try this.

Go to User CP (first selection in the blue menu bar above.

Select "Edit Avatar".

You should now be able to add your own custom avatar.

Hope this helps. Whew.

Sherwood