In 1974 (if memory serves me correct- probably was '75), AIR Fiberglass was very active in serving the Porsche community doing actual bodywork on cars. While they were repairing race damage on Juan Carlos Bolanos' black RSR, a trailer shows up and unloads a early 911 race car. This was a real 911R! It was a SCCA racer (judging from the stickers) and with its blue and white livery with Pacific Pools (memory again) sponsorship painted on , it looked like it had been stored for a while. Jim Cook (r.i.p.) had bought the car and had AIR convert it to the GTU class specs. for the upcoming Laguna Seca race. With its light weight , and now shod with wider rubber, Jim's team figured it would do well in the smaller displacement class.The car received wide bodywork and was repainted black. There being no time left before the race, Jim's team hauled it up to Laguna and raced it "right out of the box" I wish i could tell you they did great, but there was an engine problem and they retired from the race. So.. where did this R go after that? Any one remember?