Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Howards 67S wheels needed

Pics of Howards 67S wheels needed

Earl or Howard,

Can you please post for general viewing the outcome of Harvey's work on the 67S's wheels? Need some closeups.

I know that several listers have wheels that need to be redone, and there is a "marked" difference between Al's and Harvey's work, particularly with respect to the 67S wheel, where so much of the rim is actually unpolished, and just rough and anodized (as they came from the factory).

Though I have seen them personally, I know several listers need to see Harvey's work to see for themselves the difference's on the 67s wheel.

Thanks!!

Eric

I'd like to see the pictures too. Several people have told me that it's much harder to get brake dust off of the rough finished wheels. Something to consider if you'll be driving your car a lot.

Comments from people who own these wheels?

Alan B

Here is a pic of Harveys work on a regular 6x15 from a 1970. Frosted with dropped paint lines, Harvey claims this to be his hybrid RSR finish. I like it.

Alan,

I have frosted RSR's from Harvey on one of my cars, and they cleanup fine with PS21.

Regards,
    Eric

How Much?

I've located some early 6s, but they need refinishing. How much can I expect to pay? ball park?

also, how do you find Harvey? any contact info?

Here is Harvey Weidmen's number:
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Many thanks....

Hey RPMClassic, any chance of seeing the whole car? I've got a 67 tangerine 911 (that needs some respray work) and am planning on using fuchs with that finish....I'd like to see the whole enchilada to see the new paint and the new wheels. many thanks!

td

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Earl or Howard,

Though I have seen them personally, I know several listers need to see Harvey's work to see for themselves the difference's on the 67s wheel.

Eric
    I am one of them. I plan on refinishing some flat 6's to look like 67S's

Thanks

Eric,

I just spoke with Howard. His 67S is in a storage unit right now. As soon as he or I get a chance we will post some pics for you.

Earl,

Thanks very much....thought the car might still be in your garage.....!

Looks like I'll be chasing Howard on skinny's next time I see him! (hopefully with appropriate wheels!, these 14's gotta go...!).

Regards,
    Eric