Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Center show this sunday= B.S. for our cars?

Art Center show this sunday= B.S. for our cars?

The Art Center of Pasadena is holding a special salon day, called Car Classic '04 , this coming Sunday, July 18 from 10 am-4 pm. this event has a tribute to Porsche and alumni from A.C. that had a hand in their designs. I guess they were too busy to let anybody know about this event, so its semi secret but open to anyone with $10. This could have been a perfect R Gruppe / Early S attended event since several of the Art Center grads belong/founded/etc in both of them.
    The only parking as of now is at the Rose Bowl with shuttles to the event site. Too bad, it would have been very cool to have our cars grupped together at the site. More info: 626 396 2435 or www.artcenter.edu and scroll thru to car classic 04

btw- a new Carrera GT , a early Ford GT 40, and other very special cars will be displayed

admin_old
    I noticed that Freeman (RGruppe co-founder, btw) and AC alumn, is among the car designers to speak. They could have had a whole backyard full of nice owner cars. I guess it was better to be diplomatic and not favor one brand over the other.

Sounds like a nice event. With a shuttle service, they expect a big crowd. Where's my Pebble Beach straw hat?

Sherwood

But isn't the main focus of the show Porsche?

Art Center had their first Car Classic show last year and thankfully decided to have it again this year after it's initial great success. I attended last year as did Freeman, Frank Saucedo, Kevin Beard and Thorsten Klein, and Chuck.

I highly recommend attending, and it's worth parking down the street as there is VERY limited parking on the grounds. It's a great show: the campus is beautiful overlooking Pasadena and the Rose Bowl, the level of cars attending is Pebble quality, vintage racing films were shown in the theater, and the guest speaker list for this year is amazing: Freeman (Chrysler), Frank (General Motors), Grant Larson (Porsche), Dan Gurney, Henrik Fisker (Aston DB9 designer), Reeves Callaway, and Dave Marek (Honda).

Hope to see you there.

cheers,
    --gary
    Gary

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Hey... I'm an Art Center grad too - lots of good memories on the "hillside" campus (and a handfull of not so good... all involving sleep deprivation and ruthless crits). If the new downtown building is open (off Arroyo Parkway) it's definitely worth checking out - very cool. If anyone runs into Dave Marek, say hello for me... he's a former classmate.

My car and I will be stuck here in the midwest - as usual .
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Hey, looks like we have a little fraternity going here! Brother Gary (GaryZ) neglected to mention that he was a classmate of Kevin Beard, a couple years after I and R Gruppe member John Ikeda went there. More?
    David Schultz
    1973 911T 2.7
    R Gruppe #228
    Www.davidschultz-id.com
    www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/turbo_dave

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Yeah - car designers that like early 911s... go figure???
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Oh, I remember that...

Especially having a flat tire on the 210 Freeway...
    You learn to appreciate a full spare...
    But the carshow was nice!!
    I only hope they won't split the show this year, ...last year the 911's had to stay in the upper lot, so did Roland Hailer's 356.
    Talking about car designers attending last year...

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

Talking ...and...talking about the sickest car...

Jay got it!!
    We have to talk him into Porsches!!
    I got pretty close that afternoon!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)