[sorry if this has been discussed, first post ]

So I think that the 64-73 911 is the greatest looking Porsches ever penned (and it's up there with the 288 GTO on the all cars list) so that naturally lends itself to me dumping unreasonable amounts of money into buying one in the near future. It has to be a coupe, and naturally, if there's more speed and danger involved, the better - an S. I'm in Canada, which makes things more difficult.

I've heard the common advice of buying the latest you can afford, since they made the engine more tractable, sorted out the handling (what, no more lead reinforcements in the bumpers ) and they don't rust like a bastard. Nonsense, it has to be an early 911. No, the real question is that concerns me is how much I should be spending on this early 911. My inclination would be as little as possible, but that, I've heard, has violent repercussions - how much you skimp on purchase is how much you'll end up spending on repairs/restoration... if not more. Violently more.

Anyway, here's two fishy looking cars. Now, mind you, I'm not looking for a prisitine car, more of a 'project'. Ideally I'd take the whole thing apart and rebuild it, but not necessarily with tens of thousands of dollars of new parts involved. These cars (early 911s, red, coupes) come up rather rarely in and around Toronto, Canada, so I'm quite tempted to snap one of them up...

Year: 1969
Make: PORSCHE
Model: 911S
Model Detail:
Price: $10,000
Mileage: 135 km
Date: 7/16/2004
Ad Type: Private
Comment: This car is rebuilt & has been driven only summers. A near complete parts car with a fibre glass wide body kit can also be purchased with it. 135 km. $10,000.
And a 'lesser' one...

Year: 1971
Make: PORSCHE
Model: 911E
Model Detail:
Price: $5,200
Mileage: ------- km
Date: 7/16/2004
Ad Type: Private
Comment: Euro spec, updated, 2.4L eng, 5 speed, 15" fuch wheels, s front spoiler, updated headlights, red on black, leather very solid body and floors, needs injection to run nice clean car, $5,200 b.o.
Those prices are canadian, so this is getting suspicious. I wouldn't mind a restoration project - in fact, that's what I'm looking for - I just don't want to get in over my head... Of couse, PPI would be best idea for these things, anyone know about early 911 gurus around Ontario, Canada? And, as before, the price ranges for such cars.