Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for an attorney who knows 911's in LA

looking for an attorney who knows 911's in LA

Hi there
    Last fall, I've bought an - as the description on e-Bay said - excellent tangerine '69 911E Targa for 28k. A few of you may have seen the car on e-Bay, fascinating description (first owner, 100% rust free, all records etc.). Very expensive, but if the description was correct, the price was ok. Okay, a few weeks ago the car finally arrived in Switzerland and... I'm sure you already guess it, it's a rotten wreck. A real scam: this 911 looks fantastic in the pics but it's all rotten.... fresh paint all over the rust and Bondo. When I e.g. removed the left aluminum rocker trim, there was nothing but rust, down the whole lenght of the sill. There's a big rust area in the floor pan, accident repairs in the front, door gaps are worst ever seen on a 911 etc. etc. Ah yeah, and before I forget: the engine doesn't run (of course). Even one of the best Porsche shops over here doesn't get it running properly (the injection is totally gone). I know I know, that can happen on e-Bay... But believe me, I've bought good cars too on e-Bay. The description, pics and communication with this guy was first class. So I risked it. BTW: I own 3 classic 911's and know them quite well, this one is definitely a wreck. I'm looking for a good lawyer familiar with 911's in the LA area (the guy is from Laguna Niguel). I think there's a very good chance to stop this guy laughing. Please send me an e-mail/reply if you are or know a good lawyer, I want to react asap. Thanks for your help. Mike

I don't know of any attorneys down there, but you might try contacting the Chamber of Commerce there, ask them for names of law firms.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Scam

contact the attorney general's office and the FBI IF HIS INITIALS are"R.T".HE SCREWED ME TOO!

Frank and Mike,

Don't bite my head off for asking, but no PPI?
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

scam

BTW: The "original tool kit" that this guy in Laguna Niguel mentioned in his colorful description of this 911E Targa is nothing more than a few worthless newer "Mercedes-Benz" wrenches. I was not "very amused" when I unpacked the tools. Nothing against Mercedes, but that's definitely nothing that I want in my Porsche tool kit. The "rebuilt" brake calipers are just painted silver all over (even the hoses and brake pads!). The "nearly flawless" paint job is something most of us wouldn't want on our lawn movers....

I'm curious here...did Frank mention the correct initials?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by neilk
    Frank and Mike,

Don't bite my head off for asking, but no PPI?
    No no Neil, you're absolutely right with your comment, that was one of my biggest mistakes ever. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to fly to LA but I've asked many specific questions and demanded e.g. a written confirmation regarding his claim "100% rust free, mint condition, flawless paint". He gave them and I'm sure that will help if we have to settle the case with the help of a judge.

Mike I'm sorry to hear this an just went through the same thing in CA. Frank is right you need to file a formal complaint with the CA Attorney General's office and the CA DMV. Below is the contact information you need. You can file the complaint with the AG's and DMV's office via email.

CA AG Office
    Public Inqurie Unit
    PO Box 944255
    Sacremento CA 94244-2550
    Att: Judy Fiorentini
    FAX # 916 323 5341
    email PIU@DOJ.CA.GOV

You need to copy the DMV

DMV
    4375 Derrick Dr.
    San Diego CA 92117-4990
    Att: Districk Supv. James Deans
    FAX # 858 627 3957
    email jdeans@dmv.ca.gov

Good luck. I myself worked with my attorney and it took me 6 months and $3k to get my money back and I consider myself lucky !!!

All the best
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Well I'm sorry you got burned. Did you by any chance keep/save/print the Ebay listing? That should help prove misrepresentation in addition to any e-mails you might have from the bastard.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    I'm curious here...did Frank mention the correct initials?
    Hi Paul
    Absolutely, Frank mentioned the 100% correct initials. RT still sells stuff on e-Bay under the e-bay name "m..-..c".