Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Old & Older/ Then & Now

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWebb
    Paul - find a neighbor with a scanner. Best bet might be a teenage kid. These things are pretty common nowadays.
    I'll ask around...thanks Randy. Understandably, I'm kind of reluctant to let these slides escape my care....things do get lost in the mail.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by John Fusco
    No argument from me Zeke - the present is always the best of times and we don't get to choose our eras or memories, we just eventually get senile and depend on others to remind us where the hell we left our keys.

Amen to that, John! I mean...

I've sure gotten old. I've had 4 angioplasties, 2 knee replacements, fought
    prostate cancer, and diverticulitis. I'm half blind, can't hear anything
    quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy,
    winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have poor
    circulation, hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if I'm 75
    or 85. Have lost most of my friends. But..... Thank God, I still have my
    driver's license!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Hmmmm .... the Ginther car seems to be running the standard Porsche crest wheel center caps in the period photo. Interesting. Maybe a 'press day' photo before the race???

Maybe bud....

Not sure who else was on the Ginther Le Mans team (Kurt Z.?) Richie's gone, Allan Johnson said he'd never get into a race car again and seems to not want to remember any of the 'good old days' (talked to him with Davey Jordan, Topper Chasse, and Mike Hammond at the PCNA open house 2 years ago) ... Maybe E.F.R remembers something of that weekend? I don't know Robinson personally ... but I know someone who does. Klaus of N.A.R.W. was on the team but didn't get to go to France. Maybe Harold Brotner, he was the crew chief and is now retired up to the Central Calif. Coast ... don't know his # (Kurt Z.?)

Not just for the caps on the wheels ... but whole deal... Be'n with Richie and the G-in Motion team representing the U.S. as a FIRST must have really been a time to remember… ... but it DID blow up so... maybe not...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

From left to right:

Registry member and x-Johnson competitor Davey Jordan

Allan Johnson

Registry member, x-Johnson competitor, AND x-Johnson brother-in-law Topper Chasse'

Registry board member and x-Johnson competitor Michael Hammond

PCNA - open house - 2002 -

... or about 35 years after they quit beating up on each other on the track...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

And even older...

I recently discovered a box of slides that I had taken at various midwestern tracks years ago. Mostly SCCA stuff and original Can-Am.

Here's one that looks like a "Vintage" event photo until you look at the trackside marshall. Safety? We don't need no stinkin' safety!

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Great photo - What was it they called seat belts back then ? fleigeistgurtles (sp) Chicken belts.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Huhnriemen?

Sorry, not really 911 content here, but we love 'em all, nein?

here's another... does anybody know this car? I love the script on the rocker too. This is at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin.

More flat six fun from the sixties

You west coast boys had your Riverside, and the easterlies had their Bridgehampton, we had Meadowdale, Lyndale farms... but Road America lives on albeit in a much less laid-back format than it usedd to be.

For those who frequent RA nowadays... check out the lack of fencing etc!

Ok... I know there's not

Ok... I know there's not any Porsche content here, but I couldn't resist this one... so, sue me.

Jol,

GREAT PICS!!!!!!!

I'm think'n the first two are probably the same year, 1967... and the last pic maybe 2 years earlier.

The #7 906 was driven by American Joe Buzzetta and shared with Scooter Patrick to win the 1967 Under 2000 liter USRRC Championship
    If that pic is from the '67 Road America USRRC race - Joe came in 4th overall to all the CaAm cars !!!

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter