Thread: Kardex help/Original OPTIONS?

Kardex help/Original OPTIONS?

I got the kardex for my car today, and I am wondering what some of the options on it are...This is what it says:

Model year/Type: 1972 911 S Coupe
    Birth Date/Delivery Date: 11/01/71
    Engine number: 6320454
    Transmission number: 322881
    Exterior Paint Color/Code: Light Yellow/6262
    Interior Material Color/Type: Black—Perforated Leather
    Optional Equipment:
    U.S. Equipment
    Sport Seats-Driver’s and Passenger’s side
    Electric Antenna with Speakers and Noise Suppression
    Tinted Glass All Around
    Electric Sliding Sunroof
    Limited Slip Differential
    Stabilizer Bars and ‘Koni’ Shocks
    ‘Becken’ Automatic Safety Belts
    Gold Security Painting
    Black Porsche Lettering on the Doors
    White Fog Lights
    Power Windows
    ‘Dunlop’ Tires
    What does "U.S. equipment" mean? What in the heck is Gold security painting??? Safety belts weren't an option in 72, so why are mine? BECKEN Safety belts????? What side of the car is the electric antenna mounted on? Where should the speakers be? What is Noise Suppression? What kind of radio would have been originally fitted?

Funny, looking at my car, you'd never know most of this crap was on it. Probably one of the most optioned out 911S's, with leather, power windows, sport seats, sunroof, fogs, LSD, and the all important Gold security painting. Everything short of a Sportomatic tranny, possibly?

What I'm really curious about, though, is the 1972 911 Options List. Anyone know everything that was on it?

Thanks for any input!
    Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.

options

If you can get hold of a copy of the Ltd edition Carrera RS book all the options are listed there with factory codes. I could borrow the one I recently sold to a friend (his need was greater than mine since he owns a 73 RS!) & I could post it to this list.
    Or as I recall - the "Original Porsche 911" book also lists the options.
    Hope this helps.
    BTW, my car is #911 23 00278 - close!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Oh no Chris you repainted your car the wrong color!

Wasn't the charcoal canister system in the trunk, US equipment also. I'll check Morgan's book when I get home for any word on the Gold security paint. That is head scratcher for sure.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hmmm, no radio mentioned? That's a bit of a puzzler. The letter I received from the factory in the pre "kardex" days mentioned the radio in my car, merely saying "blaupunkt AM/FM radio". Perhaps radio delete so the owner could install what he wanted hooked to the speakers & antenna? I agree, she must have been a beauty when she came off the line!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

kiwi, did I sell you some parts thru ebay maybe? If so, hello. I am love911s. My car is close to yours, that's neat. i also noticed my number has some symmetry: 911 "230032" 1. lol. For sure it says speakers. I hope the gold painting wasntt that godawful 911 hood sticker! This car must have been a sight, for sure. It will someday (hopefully) be exactly taht again. While many of the guys on this board like modifying things, just slightly maybe, I LOVE the appearance of a car that is totally original, as delivered. Ride height, wheels, tires, brakes, torsion bar sizes, bushings, heat exchangers, oil pumps, radios, speakers, seats, door panels, features, sound deadening, everything. You guys will see its progress as soon as I get some more money together....kinda like that story, "The Rocking-Horse Winner" by DH Lawrence; "MORE MONEY!!!" Paul, no radio is mentioned, funny. The car was delivered to Georgia originally, and I don't think some guy ordering a luxe 911S w/ every option would think about putting in his own radio?
    This car's story is interesting and it truly is a diamond in the rough. The first I saw of it, it was black, with terrible paint, RSL interior, Peter Z seats, S gauges, a 911SC speedo, no radio, a cracked dash, a black-trim windshield, a hood w/ holes for Cibies, horn grill fog lights w/ no lights, H4's, a bent S spoiler, 3 regular 6" wheels and one deep 6 wheel, a momo steering wheel, manual windows, goofy mirrors, gold back lettering and a recently rebuilt 2.4T engine w/ NOS webers and a 3,000 mile rebuilt 915 that shifted like butter. The car is a true driver, with terrific S brakes and cross-drilled rotors, a strut brace bar and big torsions and sways. The headliner is missing, the sunroof is broken, and all-in-all it is just missing so much of its original charm, with all its accessories (sport seats, power windows, black door lettering, etc.). I had been looking for an affordable project-type, but drivable, 72S for a long time. The restored cars, while beautiful were simply too much, yet a 911T I knew would never make me happy. I decided this should be the car to restore, even though it didn't have its original engine, to its original condition, as light yellow is nice, and I liked the sunroof idea, plus it was a '72S. Then I get the kardex showing this car was originally filled to the gills w/ options, big payoff! It just means the car will be worth a lot more, probably (to the right buyer), down the line, if I ever intend to sell it. In the meantime, I will just keep plugging away...here's a pic, very small for some reason?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.

Thumbs up 72s

YTNUKLR,
    Pleased to see another early car on its way to being returned to its original specs. With so many of the cars having been converted to the RS look in the 80's it's great to see owners taking up the "challenge" to piece them back together to their former glory.
    Good luck! And keep us updated with the progress.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306