Thread: Confused by Color Codes

Confused by Color Codes

I just received the Kardex for my new 1973 911E, and it lists the color as Light Yellow/6262, but the Red Book has that color listed as code 117. Does anybody know why the Kardex and Red Book would have different codes?

TIA
    -Keith
    Keith Talbot
    t1 AT thetalbots.net

'73.5 911E
    '04 Acura TL - Daily Driver.
    '02 BMW K1200RS - My vehical to ZEN.
    '91 SpecMiata - Pure "cheep" fun.
    '05 Ford Excursion - Tow Truck

Keith,

I have the same thing on my Kardex which shows Ivory 4610, however my paint code is 132 also Ivory.

Just cross reference your color to the paint code plate which is under the top driver's side door hinge. Then go to this site and see if the paint code matches the description on the Kardex. Is that clear? It sounds a little confusing to me.

If you are wondering what other digits stand for, go here .
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Porsche went back and forth on the paint codes for certain years. I believe light yellow was 6262 on 70-71, but 117 on 72-73? I don't know. My car is that paint code, and it's a '72. You say your car is "new", gotta post some pictures and details!!! make a new thread!
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

I will (post pictures), but she won't be home until early August .
    Keith Talbot
    t1 AT thetalbots.net

'73.5 911E
    '04 Acura TL - Daily Driver.
    '02 BMW K1200RS - My vehical to ZEN.
    '91 SpecMiata - Pure "cheep" fun.
    '05 Ford Excursion - Tow Truck

Quote Originally Posted by jkeithtalbot
    I will (post pictures), but she won't be home until early August .
    Unfortunately I have discovered that it is more accurate to list the year that the car is going to be delivered than the month.

But reference the color numbers. Porsche obviously used two different numbering systems for the same color, as shown in the Pelican Thread. I was confused also when I got my CofA, and the number shown for my color was 4 digits, while the number that was told me by my wrench was 3 digits.

The service manuals that I just got show the conversion.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC