Thread: What is the scoop with this tool kit?

What is the scoop with this tool kit?

I didn't think the 72/73 tool kits looked like this? Listed as NOS on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #224
    911S Targa 1973
    356B Roadster 1962

Wrong pouch and wrong tools. I already checked. The dead give away is the pair of pliers with the red plastic handles!

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

The toolkit from my '72 is black basketweave and flips open from the sides. It has two buckles on the outside and it opens up like a menu. I'll try to post a pic.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Trust me on this...I know what a '72 toolkit should look like, since I have one. Guys? "This ain't it!"
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

This tool kit

Per my Super Secret Source, member of the SSTKPF (super secret took kit police force), aka SOTERIC, aka Eric Linden, this IS actually a Factory replacement kit for the original kit that came with our cars. PER said source, not 1 tool is correct, NOT to mention the BAG ITSELF.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....