Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bert Olander 911R at Pebble

Bert Olander 911R at Pebble

The ex-Bert Olander silver 911R will be listed for sale at Pebble next month through the Blackhawk Collection company. It's in Arizona right now being freshened up and then will be transported to Pebble to be displayed for sale in the tents across the street from the Lodge. No price, but a few pictures and a brief description.

1967 Porsche 911R Chassis no. 11890020R One of 20 production cars. The 911R model is the first pure-race 911 that Porsche ever built and this particular automobile is the last of the 20 that Porsche had built by Karl Baur coachworks of Stuttgart. This car was originally ordered for Woolworths heir and Scarab car constructor/driver, Lance Reventlow through Zipper Porsche in Beverly Hills, Ca. Reventlow cancelled his order before delivery so the car - finished in "reventlow blue", the Scarab team color - went to Vasek Polak Porsche who sold it to Porsche club event competitor Bert Olander. It then went to Jim Lipps, who drove it on the street only. The motor failed at some point and the crankcase halves were replaced at that time with correct new magnesium Porsche parts.

http://blackhawkcollection.com/index...&tab=inventory

cheers,
    --gary
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Gary

Wow! I would look so cool in that! Of course anyone would look cool in that.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

good god that thing is beautiful. the silver R within a 150 miles from me - i am so there! notice the bosch stickers have been removed from the louvred windows since the matsuda posession. this was the single biggest influence for my car.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

2 funny things about this car ....

1)I used to have a driver's seat like that. I adapted it to my 914's seat track and it was great ... the only problem is it makes you sweat like a pig.

2)My dad has a quad-pipe exhaust just like the one on the R ... we used to run it on our VW Van's 2.7T motor. It's the LOUDEST freaking exhaust can that I've ever heard; you could hear the thing for miles and it would set off car alarms at the end of the block. When I worked as a pizza delivery boy my boss wouldn't let me park the van withing 100 feet of the restaurant because the exhaust note would rattle the customers' food and drinks off the tables

But the chicks dig it ...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

My favourite Porsche of all time...

I'm surprised that the auction description makes no mention of the fact that it was part of the Matsuda Collection (the Porsche Museum of Japan).

Some 'unexpected' features:

carpets, rear seats, engine sound pad - evidence that it was used for street driving only.

Bob - I know I don't need to ask this but if you get access to the car please take as many pictures as possible. By the way, note that the front & rear Porsche crest decals have also been removed since its time at Matsuda.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy
    I'm surprised that the auction description makes no mention of the fact that it was part of the Matsuda Collection (the Porsche Museum of Japan).
    If this was the Matsuda 911R, then it was the one sold by Bill Noon at Symbolic a couple years ago for north of $300K, no? It was advertised in Pano after that for $350K, I think. Wonder what it will bring at auction now?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Andy,

I plan to go check out several other 911s so I will certainly take many photos of the 911R.

Do you know anything about this RHD Carrera RS lightweight #342?
    http://www.blackhawkcollection.com/i...&tab=inventory

Is this an auction or sale? I was under the impression it was a sale. Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Question

Since we're on my favorite subject. The Nardi wheel? I've never seen one like it with the larger cutouts. In some pictures of the other cars with the horn button off I've noticed that the bolt pattern is different from the standard Nardi.

Did the Factory lighten the wheel by increasing the cutouts? There is also detail in the leather wrap at the base of the spokes I've never seen on Nardis with the exception of this one.

It's been stated that it is an early Nardi wheel but it also looks like one of the early Abarths with the exception of the hole pattern.

Anybody know more? Could this have been a limited run by Nardi only for this car?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

If this is the x-Matsuda car, then I saw it in the tent (either Brooks, Cloys, or Christy's?) at the Quail Lodge for Concourso a few years ago ...

I remember it had some detail issues... bodywork/paint. Couldn't get that close, but at the price, it looked a bit shabby from my side of the ropes.
    May be all issues are resolved by now...

I think for the prices people are ask'n, the car should present well... no?

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Notice also the 911R decklid lettering is metal instead of the stickers.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183