Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regime change: Local

admin_old

Regime change: Local

As the caretaker of the Early 911S Registry website and forum for the past 2-3 years, It's time to move on and concentrate more time on work and family. With a growing brood, it's been increasingly difficult to attend board meetings, take care of board-related business as well as keeping up with work and the daily routine.

It's been fun watching the club, website and forum grow and provide an open atmosphere where we can meet, drive, discuss and exchange ideas and information. The amount of Porsche parts in my garage has certainly grown since my tenure on the board. Many of these parts I can actually use so it's not so bad.

I'm turning the reins over to Mike Larson who automatically becomes a board of advisor for the Registry. He's local (So. Cal) and very qualified for the task. He's an honest to goodness web guy and programmer in real life as well as knowing what he's doing. The segue should be transparent but I'll be around to assist him with the daily details (if needed) until he's use to the routine. We've been planning this for a few weeks so most probably won't notice the changeover. Treat him well and he won't attach a virus onto your email.

I'll be around as a civilian though; lurking, responding and wondering like everyone else. I'll be at selected Registry and RGruppe events and rides as well. I'm looking at it as fewer bytes and more sunlight.

Best wishes guys. Tabs too. It's been real. :-)

Sherwood
    x-web

Thanks for everything, though you'll still be here, you'll be missed.
    '71 911S Targa

Thanks Sherwood

We all appreciate your efforts.
    Dick Moran

as a new member, just wanted to say thanks for the excellent site, which really is awesome ! best regards
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

You're the man

Sherwood:

Thanks for alll of your efforts. You've helped make this a great site for us all.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Well Thank You Sherwood....I'll be sure to antagonize your successor as well...and Sherwood be sure to drop in on the P head OT Board...
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

My thanks too, Sherwood. Believe it or not, you taught me a lot...I'm still a computer illiterate, but at least I can post now..
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Regime Change

Sherwood, your help with this site has been great, hope to see you at GAF in September.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Thanks for all your hard work.

Sherwood, many thanks for providing and caring for an excellent site which has brought us all together. Job well done.