Thread: Can I swap seat cushions on my '70?

Can I swap seat cushions on my '70?

Tried this question on the tech forum but got no answers. I am thinking I would like to swap my driver and passenger seat cushions to equalize the wear. I know the hinge hardware cannot be swapped but it looks like the back cushions could be switched easily. How about the seat bottoms? Can they be switched? Sure would be nice to have a firm seat on the driver's side again.

seat cushion swap

You will have to take the seat covers off the bottom cushion and remove the spring/pad from the bottom frame. The spring/pad is tied to the seat pan and there are bend over tabs at each corner. You have to bend either the front or rear 2 and then you can slide the assy out of the seat pan. You can not just change seat bottoms from side to side due to the seat adjuster and seat rails are rivited to the seat bottom.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to decide just how motivated I am. I recall having a 356 seat apart many years ago.

Similar Threads

1. WTB: rear bottom seat cushions
    By P.smitty in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. WTB: rear bottom seat cushions
    By P.smitty in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 07:25 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 08:39 AM
  4. Recaro lwt seat runners - SWAP nos rhs locking for lhs?
    By Bantam in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
  5. Can seat cushions be swapped?
    By Porsche Rescue in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:09 PM