Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Zeke, I think I win!!!

Smile Hey Zeke, I think I win!!!

As we discussed I think my 911 has a little more lean then yours.

You,

Me

Heres to hoping the upgrades Im doing will help remove some of that problem.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Dan,

Your upgrades will be just the ticket....

Cheers....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

We're both gonna be a lot better real soon. All my parts are laid out on the bench. 21mm front t-bars, 26 rear. 21 mm front sway bar, 19 rear. Koni Sports in front, Koni Reds in rear. SwayAway adustable rear spring plates. New bushings everywhere.

Thanks for the pics!

cool...now that I've done the sways I need an after shot:

'79 coupe ("early" in spirit...)

Yea Milt were going down the same path.
    Me 21F/26R TB (thanks Hans)
    22MM Adj. Welt front sway (thanks Todd)
    21MM rear bar
    Adjustable spring plates (thanks Jerry @ Euro/East)
    All new bushings
    15X7 fuchs at the corners with 205/50 rubber (still working on that)
    Will be done for OTR on 9/22 & ready for business!!!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    We're both gonna be a lot better real soon. All my parts are laid out on the bench. 21mm front t-bars, 26 rear. 21 mm front sway bar, 19 rear.
    Milt-
    Are the bars adjustable? You're probably going to want it full soft in front and pretty hard in the rear with that setup, or you may be lifting the front inside wheel a lot in the corners. Porsche usually kept the front bar a little smaller than the rear in the early cars. What was stock on the "S"? 15mmF and 16mm rear? I think that's what my '67 had. I have 18mm F&R on it now and it works well. The balance will depend on your tire sizes, too. You're going to run 7s all around, no?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    Milt-
    Are the bars adjustable? You're probably going to want it full soft in front and pretty hard in the rear with that setup, or you may be lifting the front inside wheel a lot in the corners. Porsche usually kept the front bar a little smaller than the rear in the early cars. What was stock on the "S"? 15mmF and 16mm rear? I think that's what my '67 had. I have 18mm F&R on it now and it works well. The balance will depend on your tire sizes, too. You're going to run 7s all around, no?

TT
    I think my car has 15/15 now. I have noticed that many prefer equal bars front to rear, i.e., 19/19. Actually, I made a mistake. I have a 19 mm front bar off an early Turbo that will be connected to the stock non adjustable links. All adjusting will be in the rear, which is an aftermarket unit. Hopefully, this won't be too much of a bear to corner balance.

I'm figuring to set up the front ride height equal and connect the bar hoping it connects with no loading. With the adjustable plates and bar in the rear, I should be able to dial it in. Not ideal, but doable.

I love the look of a 911 flat in a corner. Looks may not be everything. I see pics of a lot of fast cars that are leaning. My 914 race car was set up pretty tight and it told me nothing. I get a much better read from the 911 even the way it is in the pic. I guess I want a little suspension rather than a full on race car.

What was stock on the "S"? 15mmF and 16mm rear?
    From my research stock bars were 15mm front and 13mm rear.

For my T 0F/0R
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Gburner
    You guys look over sprung to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images