Thread: tool kits

tool kits

Can anyone refer me to someone that is knowledgeable about tool kits for early 911's.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Brett Johnson's book lists the contents...year to year. Do you have a specific model year in mind?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Met Scott Emsley at Parts Heaven swap meet (Hayward, CA) in June. He buys and sells tools and kits and seems to really know the details. His concours quality kits are quite expensive. Email: rowdy205@cs.com, phone 831-626-0655

Our own "Soterik" knows about as much as anyone I know. Well, make that more than anyone I know.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Completely agree

Tom:

I agree completely. Eric guided me through the purchase of my early toolkit. Now I've got one in nice condition, and it is correct. There are a lot of nuances. I guess the question is how "correct" you want to be. Eric knows all the answers, and he is willing to help.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

356 Robo? I seem to have problems figuring out the new PM feature here, can't seem to reply. So, in answer, I was referring to Johnson's "Restorers guide to Authenticity" book...the one covering the early 911 models...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Johnson's book is good as far as it goes. It lists the tools in the kit, and shows pictures of open kits from various years. But Porsche was not consistent in the "brand" of tools that they put in the kits over the years, and the types of bags that they used. Also, there are a lot of people out there that don't know much, and are hawking kits that are just inappropriate.

There are some threads on this board about this subject,

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...&threadid=1691

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ead.php?t=3689

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ead.php?t=3659

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ead.php?t=3229

That should provide you with enough reading for the moment to totally confuse you!?!?!? Join the rest of us.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC