Thread: Porsche Certificate of Authenticity

Porsche Certificate of Authenticity

I just acquired a 73s that came with a COA. It states that the interior is "Lasur Blue". I would swear the interior is good old black & I have no reason to believe that there was ever a total interior restoration done. I have a couple of reference books but cant find anything on "lasur blue". Thoughts, ideas? And is the Porsche COA 100% accurate? Thanks.

Joe Delleville

My CoA was incorrect when I first got it. It said that the exterior color was Rose Red instead of Ivory. There was ZERO chance that my car had been painted another color, so I called Porsche of America and discussed the problem. I gave them some info and they sent me a corrected CoA.

You might have a harder time though, as the interior can be more easily changed out than the exterior, plus there is no plate/sticker indicating the interior color.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Mein Gott im Himmel....You bozy make it sound like the Porsche COA is the living gospel as laid down by Gott himself....or Ferry Porsche for that matter. I do get the 2 confused from time to time...however enough of my problems...I'm not here to discuss the problems I have but to straighten you boyz out.
    Chill out over this COA thing, all it is, is a point of reference...it don't detract from the joy of driving your hot machines fast....
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Certificate of Authenticity

Tabs has spoken! I agree that it is probably unwise to dwell too much "as it is only a point of reference". But for those of us who use a pole, a banner, a tree, whatever, coming to a hard corner or a particularly tough bump on the track, a point of reference is important that it be 100% accurate.

My COA is probably incorrect but has anyone heard of Laser Blue as an internal color?

Thanks. Joe Delleville