Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Kardex!!!

Post Your Kardex!!!

Post your Kardexes, guys! Let us see your car's options and colors!
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

no kardex

Scott, I was too cheap to ever buy one. What I do have is a letter from the factory, written before the Kardex thing came along. I just sent a letter, asking for info on my car. In a month or so I got a polite response:
    "Our production records show that your Porsche was produced in July of 1972 and left the factory with the following specifications:
    engine number 632 2285
    color Irish Green
    Interior Beige Leather
    options: US equipment, limited slip differential, blaupunkt radio, fog lights, tinted windows.
    Dealer Volkswagon of America, Chicago
    In model year 1972 a total of 1750 911S coupes and 983 Targas were produced.
    We hope to have been of help and remain,
    yours sincerely,
    K. Resch O. Lang"

Scott, compared to your car, mine rolled off the line as a "stripper"...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

PWD you must remove those non correct sport seats right away! Send them to me and I'll recycle them properly for you. I'll even pay the shipping.

Mine?

Silver Metallic
    Tinted Windows
    US Frankie
    AC
    Comfort Package (WTH?) Does this mean 14" wheels?

Paul if yours is a stripper then mine is the skinny guy in the corner waving the five doller bills!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Michael...check Scott's earlier thread...what his car came off the line with. It was "loaded" according to the options list of the time...which certainly wasn't as long as the options lists of today. I've heard they are quite long these days...Now it's gratuitous pic time...here's one Scott took when he was here last week....I think he has the "eye" for being behind the lens...but I could be prejudiced because of subject matter. (edit) I never made a secret of the fact that I bought those "non original" sports seats from Stoddard back in the 70's...he ran a "close out special" in PANO. May have been worried of no demand because they weren't black leather. I was dialing in a heartbeat for these seats with '73 rails. Now to REALLY make you guys cry? Price to me, including shipping? Around $700...and I sold the standard leather seats for around $500...buyer paying shipping...Gee guys, did I do okay?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by YTNUKLR
    Post your Kardexes, guys! Let us see your car's options and colors!
    Where's yours?
    '71 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysocko
    Where's yours?
    Scott's Kardex? Right HERE:
    http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ead.php?t=4069

Thanks, I haven't gotten mine yet, I just was curious what all these options were!
    '71 911S Targa

For those who haven't seen this it is the Production order (right side) and Conversion order (left side) for my RS. The production order was for the homologation version and then following the weight check it was converted to the version the customer ordered. In this case a 'touring' M472 package.

So this car was 'born' on Jan. 16 1973. It was delivered with option 440, a retractible antenna, left, and loudspecker, and option 650, electric sliding roof. The interesting thing is the option for Sport seats with perlon cord (409 with interior code 12) is crossed out. This confirms what the original owner told me in a letter and shows in a photo he sent, that the car was delivered with stock seats. The odd thing is that the car coincidently now has sport seats with perlon cord inserts. Where those came from I don't know and no they are not for sale SATman.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Model Year/Type: 1971 911 S Targa
    Birth Date/Delivery date: 04/01/1971 (Hmmm?)
    Engine Number: 6311400
    Transmission Number: 117783
    Exterior Color/Code: Signal Orange/1410
    Interior Color/Type: Black/Leatherette

Optional Equipment:

Auxiliary Heater
    Extended steering column
    Rear window wiper
    Wheel Well Moldings
    Apron for rear bumper
    Regular seats instead of sport seats Driver and passenger side

(Unfortunently this wasn't an April Fools joke. The one year that sport seats were standard equipment on an "S" and this car gets optioned with standard seats!!!)

Tinted Glass
    Blaupunkt Frankfurt
    Michelin Tires
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Luckily Brian my PO had the good sense to add these back in '75.

Of course black and tan would look nice. Hmmm. Paul?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586