Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coronado Historic Races & Breakfast.

Gburner

Coronado Historic Races & Breakfast.

Coronado Historic Automobile Races
    Sunday, 10 October

Roger Grago has asked that I share the following information. Several R Gruppe members have attended this event in years past. Now it’s even better with a catered a breakfast and VIP parking.

R Gruppe, Early S and PCA members might be interested in the Coronado Historic races coming Sunday October 10 to San Diego.
    My good friend Paul Hastings has arraigned a wonderful day at the races for us. Sunday morning we can enjoy a catered breakfast at the Glorietta bay on the Coronado Island. At breakfast VIP car corral passes will be handed out. These passes will provide you VIP parking at the track car corral. Right on the front straight close to the main grandstand. This large corral is reserved for sports cars of every type.

Using the information below please contact Paul directly and he will save you a VIP car corral parking pass and for only $15 you can enjoy a wonderful breakfast in picturesque Glorietta bay on Coronado Island. Tickets to enter the event itself are seperate and you must order these yourself.
    Please open the attachment below for Coronado race event ticket information.

If you’d like to make a weekend of it, on Saturday the PCA is holding an AX in the large Qualcomm stadium parking lot. Qualcomm stadium is located just 10 minutes from the Coronado Island.
    We have Helmets for rent and instruction available. Or just come out to race the clock and see if you are faster than your buddies. You can email me at mgagen@cox.net if you would like more info.
    Best regards,
    Mike Gagen
    More event info follows with a message from Paul Hastings.

Coronado Historic Automobile Races
    Sunday, 10 October

Once again we will have a catered breakfast at Glorietta Bay park in Coronado prior to the Race event. After breakfast we will have a large eye catching group drive through Coronado to our special Porsche Club parking corral. Those driving other marques will be guided to their respective corrals at the time of entry.

The Event

The Coronado Races are a product of the same promoter of the famous Monterey Historic Races. The event features approximately 8-10 races of various sports and formula race cars. The paddock is open to spectators allowing you to get up close with the cars and owners. There are many vendor displays and the military usually has a very nice display of their machinery. It is a rare treat to have such an event in our back yard.

Breakfast will be served by Rotisserie Affair Catering and consist of the following:

*Omelette Bar - Cooked to order
    *Assorted cereals
    *Fresh fruit salad
    *Yogurt
    *Assorted Muffins
    *Sweet Rolls
    *Bagels with cream cheese
    *Orange & Apple Juice
    *Coffee

Location and Ticket Information

Breakfast: Beginning at 8:30am, $15/person,Glorietta Bay Park. See attached map
    Race Event: NAS North Island, Naval Base Coronado
    Race Tickets: See attached Ticket order form. Event tickets to be purchased on your own.
    Corral Passes: To be distributed at breakfast. No charge for corral passes. Corral passes are Separate from race/event tickets. A corral pass allows you to park up front with all the car clubs.

*You must rsvp no later then 01 October. Receipt of your check is your rsvp. Please make check to PCASDR and mail to:

Paul Hastings
    One Source Realty, GMAC
    2655 Camino Del Rio North, Suite 450
    San Diego, CA 92108
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gburner
    Last years breakfast sit down...
    You can buy event tickets at the event too, just costs a couple bucks more.
    The catered breakfast does require a check for $15 to Paul Hastings prior to Oct 1.
    If you have other plans for breakfast join our catered affair and pick up your free VIP parking pass.
    If this appeals to you be sure to call Paul and have him save a pass for you.
    Paul Hastings [phastings@onesourcerealty.com]
    G'day.
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up This is the next event....

And if last years was any indicator....this years should be even more fun.

After the drive down to S.D. you'll be hungry...trust me....the breakfast will be great and a nice way to set yourself up to fully enjoy the day ahead !!

Lots of vintige race iron there to see and watch run...pits are open to check the cars out up close and talk with the owner/drivers....real friendly atmosphere.

Plan ahead...and plan to join us !!! this will be a alot of fun !!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Gburner
    Coronado Historic Races, 10 October

Just a reminder checks must be in by 01 October to be confirmed for the event. $15/person for breakfast served at Glorietta Bay, Coronado at 8:30am Corral passes will be handed out at breakfast

This is a great event in our backyard.

Please contact me with any questions.

Paul Hastings

phastings@onesourcerealty.com

Mike,

I'll see you guys there for breakfast Sunday morning. Won't make the AX on Saturday, going to KZLA Country Bash Concert in Irvine.

I'm pretty sure Lars and Will S. will be there. Who else is going????????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Me & da 'rooster........

and.....

Gloria & Sheila in G's '72T
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Coronado

Cheri and I are planning to go to the event. I do not think we will go to the breakfast. Duane Hyatt is planning on bringing his new 73 Viper Green RS, and I will bring my new 69S Signal Green. We went last year and it was a great event. The races start at 1:00pm, and go on until about 5:00pm. Maybe some of you want to meet for dinner somewhere after the event, maybe in Carlsbad on the way back up the I-5. Let me know, and I can make some reservations.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Gburner
    Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys at the event. Remember if you don't have a car corral parking pass, then no vip parking for you. If you would rather not park in the far away public parking area and would prefer to park with other Porsches and sports cars it would be a good idea to secure a car corral pass before the event. Contact Paul Hastings and he might be able to help you out.
    Either way see you at the races.

Gburner
    Deadline to send in your breakfast reservations is this Friday.

Coronado Races R Gruppe Caravan

Anyone interested in caravaning to Coronado for the races on Sunday morning please let me know. The LA and OC group will be leaving from the normal meeting place Hwy 5 South, Ortega Hwy exit in San Juan Capistrano at the Denny's parking lot. Meeting time 6:15AM, leaving 6:45AM SHARP!
    Please make sure to have your reservation and money in for the breakfast (information in above thread).
    If you have any questions please email me rgrago@cox.net.

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27