Thread: What the hell is the deal with Palo Speedo?

What the hell is the deal with Palo Speedo?

I apologize in advance, but need to rant! What is the deal with Palo Alto Speedo? Up until my recent experience, I have heard nothing but great things about their work and commitment to customer service. Many club guys seem to use them, as well as many registry members. All the top car show restorations cars have used them too.

Upon all these success stories, I contacted the crew at Palo last spring( mid march) and was quoted 3 weeks time frame. I am now working on 5 months with no completion date in site. Apparently the sub contractor they use for the guage face silk screening has been having delays. I have politely called many times and have been getting blown off.

Is this an isolated situation, or has anyone else been having similar delays? Thanks for the moral support and advice.

- Jim

Speedo issues

Hi Jim,

You might want to get them back and send them to North Hollywood Speedometer Service. I've had very good luck with them and they do all the work in house. One bit of information, their phone skills aren't the best but the work is top notch. Although custom work does take longer so be prepared. I always talk to Dirk, he's the shop foreman and has been very helpful even on some custom items I had done.
    Hope this helps.

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

N. Hollywood recently installed an S face on my tach, returned it in less than 1 week and charged me less than I was quoted. I guess I would recommend them .....

As posted on PP I always use North Hollywood Speedo too & have had excellent (& quick) results.

I've always dealt with Hartmut.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

The wife has always used N. Hollywood as well....she's sent my speedo there ....in fact when it quit working last year, she sent it there they repaired it and it worked fine for this last year and stopped again....so she sent it back in *after a year* and they fixed it free......
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335