Thread: Chartruse Color Code?

Chartruse Color Code?

Seems to be a tough one to find. Color to code or vice versa~

The car is a '73T with a 231-9-2 code stamped on the tag.

Anybody know if this is correct?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Oddly enough, neither the Peternie "Red Book" or the Morgan "Original Porsche 911" book lists Chartreuse for 1973, even in the special order color codes. But it would make sense that 231 would be Chartreuse because the 200 series was green, and the numbers start with the darkest green to lighter and brighter:

213 Irish Green
    218 Leaf Green
    225 Emerald/Viper Green
    226 Lime Green
    227 Jade Green
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Thanks for the reply, Sandy.
    That's along the lines of what I was thinking, too. But, having seen at least another on this board (Jol?), I thought maybe I'd get some confirmation.
    Always fun talking 911's, no matter how trivial~

Mike

Mike- according to both the "Carrera RS" by Gruber & Konradsheim and Brett Johnson's "Restorer's Guide to Authenticity" , the code for Chartreuse is 226.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

That's the kinda thing I'm finding - I find the color (or what appears to be the color), but a different code.
    And of course, that 231 code seems to be nonexistant (except for the tag..).

Lindgrün

The cars we call chartruse the Germans call Lindgrün. Which is "limegreen?"

I think that "Chartruse" is just an English word for this color that does not translate.

All I know is that you cannot go into any clothing or housewares store without seeing plenty of it nowadays!

Jol

Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Thanks Jol & Harry,
    I had checked that site, and a bazillion others to no avail.

Jol, what code is on your green car's tag?

Was it common in those days for a car to be painted in 'custom' colors? I'd heard at some in Porsche's history they'd match your girlfriend's favorite sweater...much to your wife's chagrin, that is!