Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Custom Hat

A Custom Hat

Fanatic is as fanatic does. As you know, I have some houndstooth that I have had reproduced for my sport seats, and I decided to have a hat or two made up out of the fabric.

Found a shop to make me up a few special sample hats. I thought of two hats, a "NewsBoy" hat which is a 6 panel floppy hat with a small brim, and an Ivy League hat with a small brim but a smooth one panel top (like a Kangol).

So Eric (our tool expert) tells me that if I am really going to do it, I should get it made like the hat from the movie LeMans, the hat that is worn by the guy in the light blue jacket (Weir).

OK, you nuts with movie stills stored on your computer. Can anyone throw me a picture of this "famous" hat?

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

You must have one of these made

#711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Sorry about that. When I see 'houndstooth' and 'hat' in the same sentence, I automatically think of 'Bear' Bryant and Alabama football. Larry, you will get a lot of requests for houndstooth hats from University of Alabama football fans.

#711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

"Bear"...the only football coach to have received political convention delegate votes for President...GO TIDE beat lsu?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I see a whole new fashion trend in the making.... or not .
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

OK, Rick, in a few weeks (months), when I post a a picture of Kermit and me, with me wearing that neat Houndstooth cap, you're going to be really jealous!!!

So, ya, go ahead and laugh, Laugh really loud, but he who laughs last laughs best. Of course, if the hat really looks goofy, maybe you will be the one that is laughing last!!!!. . . . . . . .Hmmmmm . . . . . . .

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Larry, I am humbled.... I will need a size 7.5 - with ear flaps.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Larry I think the Kangol/Ivy type would be cool. What kind of shrapnel we talkin about?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Not Too Bad

Honestly, I'm not sure. He said that for a baseball type cap, it would be $15. My guess is that for an Ivy League type of hat, we are talking in the mid-20's plus the material. For a custom hat, that is dirt cheap, especially considering that their normal minimum quantity is 36 pieces. I plan on seeing him sometime next week. Then I will have a defiinite price.

Why, amid Rick's laughter, are you interested?

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC