Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Vintage P Dealer Plate Frames.

Regarding This Thread . . .

. . . I'm fascinated by the number + variety of Dealerships that sold our cars during what I consider to be the Golden Years for Porsche. Many of these outfits were quite small and open only briefly. Some are famous still, and highly sought --- but most are not, long gone, forgotten

For most of these places --- about all that remains? . . . are their frames . . .

. . . which is why I post

As for anyone looking for some long lost Dealer's frame? . . .

. . . I hope the posts + pics in this thread will give you some idea about what those bits might look like . . . and what to look for

Sunnyvale . . .

. . . again

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post537159
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post678369

From the '70 PDL . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Sunnyvale Porsche+AUDI
    835 El Camino Real
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Just a biiiiiiiiiiiiiit more color, this time . . .

. . . phonographed rockers with semi-matte white lettering on upper, semi-matte red on lower, matte-black painted frame, no Makers' marks or ID, reg CA pass-plate, etc, etc

Not as finely-rendered as some, maybe --- but? . . . definitely eye-catching

Dealership 's long gone --- from that location, anyway

Whole area looks to 've been re-zoned for residential? Anyway, you couldn't sell enough cars in THREE life-times to pay for that real estate, now

Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-14-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Does anyone have a photo of the black BRUMOS ATLANTA license plate frame. The dealership was located on Cobb Parkway in Smyna, GA during the '80's.

. . . from the '70 thru '72 PDLs . . .

Porsche Audi at O'Hare
    1000 Elmhurst Road
    Elk Grove Village, IL

Matte blue lettering in matte white letter-boxes, flash-chromed, no makers' marks/ID. Plate = std IL pass, YoIss, etc

Bit of an odd duck. Dealership's ID is kinda/vaguely 'modern'-looking --- w/ a weird symbol that I can't quite decipher . . . but the '|' in the Porsche '|' Audi IDs this Little Fella as v (?) Early '70s (me-thinks), so . . .

. . . take that for what it's worth

White Cap Construction Supply lives there, today

Other mentions . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Window-Sticker
    I need one of these frames, if anyone has one they'd like to let go.

That same building housed "O'Hare Mazda" back in the early 90's BTW.
    Last edited by mbrouder; 10-19-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    1988 911
    1993 RS America - Gone

Alpine Porsche Audi
    1020 Fountain Creek Blvd
    Colorado Springs, CO

White lettering on light metallic green, flash-chromed, RWB Co #4M

Nice little eye-catcher. Back-round that the lettering stands on has a subtle kinda faceted-type surface . . . really makes the green --- a rare color anyway --- pop

Plate is a '70 Wyoming, always popularly known as --- what else, but? --- The Cowboy State, passenger issue. Features the famous Bucking Horse and Rider (BH&R) image, first seen in '36 --- designed by Allen T True, and an actual registered trademark of the state of Wyoming. 14 = Niobrara County
    Here’s an Alpine Porsche Audi plate frame without the Robert Brown markings on the reverse. This one came with my newly acquired 1971 Porsche 911T Targa, originally sold at Alpine Porsche Audi, Sep 27, 1971.

The front plate frame that came w/ my car was black but likely not original when it was delivered in Sep 1971. It had service at the Alpine dealership until 1975 so it was probably added later. My ’75 Turbo had a black Alpine plate frame in July 1975 so the transition to black occurred before then. Alpine Porsche Audi grand opening was on Dec 5, 1970.

Downtown Porsche+Audi . . .

Porsche+AUDI of Downtown Los Angeles
    631 W Washington Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA

. . . again . . .

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...l=1#post538230

. . . from the '70 and '72 PDLs

Semi-matte white lettering in WAY-more vibrant metallic blue rockers, on a classic RWB&Co in all its pebbled/textured/over-sized/flash-chromed glory --- almost NOS, too . . . barely any contact @any of mounting holes; std CA pass, blah-blah-blah . . .

Still a dealership, there --- only Downtown L.A. Nissan, now

Valley . . .

Valley Porsche Audi, Inc
    117 Fancher Road
    Spokane, WA

. . . from the '72 PDL . . . one year only

Dull white lettering on dusty black-painted pot-metal, mfg'd by Cosmo. Prod. '72 year-of-exp pass plate; 'Z' = Klickitat County

Retailers Home Depot + Sherwin-Williams share the site, these days

We Can Be Heroes

Z may have started out as Klickitat County (plates were assigned alphabetically from A to Z starting with the most populous county. King County/Seattle was A for example), but by the early 70's the Seattle area had grown so much that they had run through A and were also using "O" and "I". Since there wasn't much demand for plates in Klickitat County there's a good chance this plate was issued for a vehicle in one of the more populous counties.

I grew up in South Bay in the early 50's to the early 70's tell I moved to Aspen. Vasek Polak was across the street from Jacobs surfboards. Surfing and dreaming about Porsches while driving a 67 VW bus was what consumed me. I got my first Porsche while in Aspen. A 59 Super with Rudge wheels. This frame is a repo. I have what I think is the real deal in a box.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 11-26-2020 at 06:38 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche