All,

I want to share and again express appreciation to Ed Mayo and Paul Abbott for ongoing help with fuel delivery problems with my 1966 911. I wrestled with this problem for months during the winter. My car has a history of Solex tuning issues. Paul patiently discussed and documented Solex tuning tips and tricks with me. Please understand my desire to fix my car was strong but my technical skills were lacking. Turns out I was focusing my energy at the wrong end of the car. Enter Ed Mayo - Ed suggested starting with “clean, fresh fuel”. My electric fuel pump always had sediment within the pump gas filter. I think you know were this is going. I drained and removed the tank. The gas was a mess and full of crap. I worked on the gas tank for 2 days. Finally got things back together early this week. I’m excited to say things are looking great. I still have Solex tuning and balancing to finalize but the engine is really humming and holding RPM’s. This forum is a great source of knowledge and I consider myself luck to know people like Paul and Ed.

- Gregg Dwight