Thread: took the 911 to the bmwcca autoX

took the 911 to the bmwcca autoX

wife and I took two cars and one Rv to the bmwcca ggr autox in marina yesterday. this was our first time for such an event. MAN that sea of cones is confusing. I had to stop once b/c I lost my way and my wife had to use reverse on her first run and had several DNF for missing part of the course.

but we had a blast and we did improve our times every run. I went from a 104 to 74, kat dropped from 154 to 87.

was fun to see several e30 guys driving their cars near the limit. they seemed to have no problem finding their way and really tossed their cars around.

next time we'll make some notes as we walk the course. I later saw some folks had maps made!

I drove the 70 porsche 911 w/ euro 3.0, kat drove the 72 bmw 2002 and we also took the 72 barth class A rv. but we kept it out of the cones.

now we need to take the both cars to the pca autox

rest of the pics here

paul schuster
    santa cruz

Thanks for sharing! More Auto-X pics! More Auto-X pics!

more pix here...

you can find many pics here:

Kris Linquist's Gallery

my wife is pssngr in this pic. he took her out to show her how to navigate the course. he's got a stock suspension but managed quick times with his gonzo style driving.

and this guy just made it all look too easy

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    More Auto-X pics! More Auto-X pics!
    There is a fellow here in our region who has been documenting the autox, DE and other club events this year with pictures and movie clips. It's pretty neat, especially if you don't otherwise get to see pics of your car in action. Check out his site here, then click on the individual event links for pics and movies.

I took my '73 911 to a couple of BMWCCA autox events here in San Diego a year or two ago and smoked every BMW there both times, including stock and track-prepped M3s, Z3s and coupes, Z8s, etc. They wouldn't give me the TTOD trophy, though, that was reserved for the fastest BMW. I did get the Exhibition class trophy, though.

There were a couple of national level autocrossers there, but in general, the driving talent was not as deep in their club as in the local Porsche club, and the cars were not as fast.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!