Thread: message from Clyde Boyer

message from Clyde Boyer

As you know I travelled a long way to the Ventura weekend and I certainly did not come away disappointed. The quality and variety of cars is something I would never see in Australia and the discussions I was involved in or listened to over the weekend have considerably added to my Porsche knowledge bank. I also talked to lots of the vendors re their products and guys like Harvey Weidman, Dave Aaase and the staff at Wevo were sensational.

I was elated to be asked to join the R Gruppe run on Saturday afternoon and the drive with Stacey will live long in my memory as will the dinner and subsequent drinking session with Jeff, Rob, Gordon, Rick etc at the Marriot until the wee small hours of Sunday. My hope is that our recently formed TYP 901 register approaches the feel and form of the R Gruppe as it seems to have it all going for it from what I could see.

I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality over the last week both at Ventura and at your family home on Monday night. Please also pass my thanks on to Terri (correct spelling I hope). I have always found Americans to be great people its just the tourists who visit our country who create the brash, loudmouth stereo type. I certainly have never found people from your country to be like that at all.

I was pleased to finally meet Jeff Smith who had done so much to help me purchase RS #101 and he was exactly as I had imagined.

I flew out Tuesday night on a half empty plane due to the power failure for domestic flights at LAX which left lots of others stranded in other locations. Nearly had business class to myself!

Tomorrow is back to reality as work beckons, I hope that one day soon I can return for more Porsche frolics.

I will attempt to send those pics as promised in a different email.

If you have an email for Stacey I would love to send him a note.

Regards and thanks again.

Clyde Boyer
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Thumbs up Thanks Sam

Sam,

Thanks for posting the letter I got from Clyde recently. I figured it would be nice to share with all our members and those who attended the German Autofest.
    I still haven't figured out to post attachments yet.

All the best!

Roger
    R Gruppe #27

Smile Attachments

Call me Roger and I'll walk you through the attachment maze on the phone...Understand, it's second only to learning how to drive an automobile trasnport hauler, but I have every confience that you could pick this skill up in 2 minutes.
    530-345-3371
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

TYP 901 Register - Is that a register for people with SWB's? If so, where do I sign up?

TYP 901 Register has recently been formed in Australia to cover all TYP 901 cars to 1973 (all 911 cars SWB and LWB). Most would know the factory designation for the 911 was TYP 901, look at many of the part numbers that still start with 901.

It was felt by the founders, of which I am one, that there was a desire to have this type of group as many of tha mainstream Porsche clubs have forgotten about the early cars and we like to drive, but not necessarily race, our cars.

We are trying to establish a National register to keep track of as many pre 1973 911 cars as possible while hoping to create a similar club feel to R Gruppe and 911 S Registry.

We are an unofficial club having approached Porsche but not getting any support and we are not permitted to use the 911 name in anyway shape or form hence the TYP 901 designation.

Our first National meeting is this weekend, given that we are only 3 months old to get 44 people and 22 kids to a Sunday run and lunch is a good effort. We have had a couple of runs prior to forming and attendances were good to those also.

We will have a web site up and running soon, www.typ901.org for those interested, if anyone wants to create a link to us on their sites be my guest in fact we would encourage it as many Aussie owners frequent the USA based sites and may not yet know about this new group in their home country. We are also using Yahoo as a chat site in the groups section under classic-911

Thanks for the interest hope we can get some more interest by this being posted here

Regards

Clyde Boyer
    2.4S Targa
    RS #101